Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Some noob questions about one up

Nope. My circumstances are such that I can shoot live rounds everyday if I please (in a safe area) far away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Should you, on a daily basis, take out the round in the snout? Or should you just leave it loaded indefinitely?

I know you should rotate the rounds in the mag but more interested if there should be any "relief" somewhere for the internals?
    Why would you want to unload the gun every day?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Just make sure that the chamber is dry as in no oil; same with the firing pin hole.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

There can only be oil if you put it there. Don't oil the firing pin or the chamber or the barrel then that is of no concern anymore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Should you, on a daily basis, take out the round in the snout? Or should you just leave it loaded indefinitely? I know you should rotate the rounds in the mag but more interested if there should be any "relief" somewhere for the internals?
    It is generally not necessary to remove the cartridge from the chamber. If ammunition got wet, or oily, remove them and DO NOT shoot them out. Most modern pistols are designed to be carried one-up. Another reason to carry one-up and leave it that way. The only thing that can wear out is the spring. If the pistol is not safe for one-up carry, don't do it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    It is generally not necessary to remove the cartridge from the chamber. If ammunition got wet, or oily, remove them and DO NOT shoot them out. Most modern pistols are designed to be carried one-up. Another reason to carry one-up and leave it that way. The only thing that can wear out is the spring. If the pistol is not safe for one-up carry, don't do it.
    You make a very good point with that last sentence Ds. - only carry one up provided that the firearm is designed/safe to be carried that way.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MFouche94 View Post
    You make a very good point with that last sentence Ds. - only carry one up provided that the firearm is designed/safe to be carried that way.

How would you determine this ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Nope. My circumstances are such that I can shoot live rounds everyday if I please (in a safe area) far away from home.
    That sounds like a great place to be. As for me, though even if I had such facilities at my disposal - the ammo cost of replacing all my dry fire with live fire would not suit my budget at all. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    There can only be oil if you put it there. Don't oil the firing pin or the chamber or the barrel then that is of no concern anymore.
    Next time I patch the barrel I will remember to stop just short of the chamber.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    How would you determine this ?
    It's quite easy: if the name starts with "T" and ends with "okarev"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast