Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    It is generally not necessary to remove the cartridge from the chamber. If ammunition got wet, or oily, remove them and DO NOT shoot them out. Most modern pistols are designed to be carried one-up. Another reason to carry one-up and leave it that way. The only thing that can wear out is the spring. If the pistol is not safe for one-up carry, don't do it.
    Are you referring to a hammer pistol? As opposed to a striker which is considered safe for one up.

User

Default Re: Some noob questions about one up

My round in the chamber gets removed for one of the following reasons:
    Cleaning of fire arm.
    Dry-fire.
    Unload and show clear on arrival at the range.
    Gets shot out at some unlucky pest.
    Fire arm needs to be handled for demonstration, inspection, repair or whatever. This is relatively rare.
    The rest of the time it is loaded and ready to go 24/7/365.25.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    How would you determine this ?
    Most modern pistols come equipped with at least two internal safeties like a drop safety and a firing pin block. Pre B CZ-75s for example are considered unsafe to carry one up with the hammer down due to the lack of a firing pin block.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MFouche94 View Post
    Most modern pistols come equipped with at least two internal safeties like a drop safety and a firing pin block. Pre B CZ-75s for example are considered unsafe to carry one up with the hammer down due to the lack of a firing pin block.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk
    Thank you

I recall that rechambering the same round creates potential issues with setback but can't remember what is generally considered to be too many rechamberings.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Balneuwes View Post
    I recall that rechambering the same round creates potential issues with setback but can't remember what is generally considered to be too many rechamberings.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    My little experience 2c

I have found not more than 3, max 4, rechamberings per round. I have seen setback on 3rd rechambering on some of mine, but then gets moved to the bottom of the magazine.

Each round gets a line at the back when taken out of the chamber for cleaning or whatever purpose. When it gets to the 4th line, it goes in the bottom of magazine. Once all the rounds have been rotated, they go downrange and replaced with fresh ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    The more you handle a firearm the LESS the chance of an accidental discharge
    Fixed it for you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3