Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Interbond VS GMX

Theoretically you might not have to adjust the scope. Realistically it may not. Different ogive shapes, bullet hardness and in-bore acceleration ensures that the barrel harmonics are not the same.

For example, when launched out of the same barrel at the same muzzle velocity, 155gr Lapua Scenars impact 2 moa lower and 1 moa right at 100m than Berger VLD's in both of my target rifles.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Theoretically you might not have to adjust the scope. Realistically it may not. Different ogive shapes, bullet hardness and in-bore acceleration ensures that the barrel harmonics are not the same.

For example, when launched out of the same barrel at the same muzzle velocity, 155gr Lapua Scenars impact 2 moa lower and 1 moa right at 100m than Berger VLD's in both of my target rifles.
    Hi Janfred

Thank you for the feedback. This is how I learn and we all learn.

Can't believe the POI shifts that much.

Banned

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    This Fieldtssters series focuses on monolithics alot.

Load development the weekend went well.

Ok good on Interbond not so well for GMX but will post more in the reloading thread.

Struggle to group factory full boar 165gr gmx in 30.06 and struggle with hand loads. Will continue the struggle.

Banned

Chris, QL helps to see where nodes are and you can then try those calculated loads. Normally accuracy is achieved.

I placed the video above to show the trend overseas as well as the efficacy of the mono bullets.

Banned

Chris, if possible try up that charge (cause faster is always the choice), is your group getting better as you raise the charge or worse? If its getting worse there is a good chance you will not get to next faster load. (assuming you loading near the suggested top velocities, as in you not way down on the charge, in the pedestrian zone).
    Try give details to Driepootx, he will tell you quickly in which direction to load, higher or lower.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Chris, if possible try up that charge (cause faster is always the choice), is your group getting better as you raise the charge or worse? If its getting worse there is a good chance you will not get to next faster load. (assuming you loading near the suggested top velocities, as in you not way down on the charge, in the pedestrian zone).
    Try give details to Driepootx, he will tell you quickly in which direction to load, higher or lower.

Hi Treeman and Driepoot

I just need to do my case volume measurements post session then I have the info required for QL.

I was running faster than expected in both Interbond and GMX. For example I averaged(6 Shots) 2683 FPS(ES 19FPS) with 165Gr Interbond out of a 22inch barrel over H4350 with Finocchi Primers COAL 84.5mm.

User

So weeks later I have measured everything.

My Interbond load with 53.5gr H4350 at COAL OF 84.5mm 2683 fps average speed case capacity 71.46gr H20. I was happy with grouping of 10mm at 100m. Will reconfirm this exact load again. The faster ones struggled to group.

User

So the load that needs works
    30-06
    Hornady GMX 308 cal 150gr #30370
    Primer Fiocchi Large Rifle
    Case Hornady with 71.46gr Capacity H20
    Powder H4350
    Barrel length 558.6mm or 21.96"
    Coal 84.5mm
    Max COAL 86.1mm

Load 1