Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default CFR Hotline & Email

Out of curiosity, has anybody been able to get through the CFR hotline. I have tried at different times but eventually the call is dropped. And while discussing service or the complete lack thereof has anybody received an email answer to a license request like in the last year??

User

Default Re: CFR Hotline & Email

On the emails - other than a forwarded from one Lt Col to the next Col. and then just into the abyss - No.
    The call centre also cannot tell you any more than what the app or website can tell you.

Also other than that total failure of service delivery.

User

I must admit to being pleasantly surprised at the service I have got over last few months. Got sons paper Competency in 6 weeks, most of my renewals in 2 months and got two ítems which weren't on the register sorted out. Well done to Capt Moleti at Roodepoort.

User

I sent an e-mail on 30 March 2021 to a group of various e-mails addresses i gathered from GOSA FB page
    CFR Enquiries Group.JPG

Got this standard reply today
    Email reply.JPG

My application ref: 839**** is at in preparation for consideration stage since 09/03/2021 with a total of 146 work days.

Like i said standard generic reply as i have seen it before on GOSA FB page so i am not holding my breath.

User

At 215 working days I have gotten so many forwards and standard reply from the CFR that I am sure I won't ever get my paid for firearm. Problem is I have to wait and the shop will have to keep it in storage until some miracle happens.

User

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    At 215 working days I have gotten so many forwards and standard reply from the CFR that I am sure I won't ever get my paid for firearm. Problem is I have to wait and the shop will have to keep it in storage until some miracle happens.
    I feel for you and feel that i shouldn't worry anymore and just be surprised when i move to the next stage ......

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    I feel for you and feel that i shouldn't worry anymore and just be surprised when i move to the next stage ......
    Remember you guys went through the Covid lockdown and who knows how long things took to get back to normal. You could have lost 3 months.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Remember you guys went through the Covid lockdown and who knows how long things took to get back to normal. You could have lost 3 months.
    So true thanks. From what i can see, everything was ok till about feb2021 and then In Prep and for Consideration became the new sticking point ......... but like i said it does not help i pull my hair out as its not like i don't have other firearms to keep my mind occupied. Will be sending complaint emails weekly though ....

User

I have given up the chasing and all that. If I ever get it I would be most surprised as I will have a brand new vintage firearm. And to think I really wanted to get a hunting rifle and a semi auto shotgun next but this has left such a bad after taste that unfortunately I have to give them exactly what they want and not even bother to attempt getting more firearms. It is not worth the stress, anger and frustration that this broken process causes. The whole thing is broken from DFO and all the way around back to DFO. Which is probably also a shame since there are probably 1 or 2 good people somewhere - I just wish someone somewhere would have some ear to the ground and to know what is going on in the whole SAPS and start fixing all this... suppose when things get to this point all you can do is sit back and watch it go to ruin. I have never spent so much on something I will probably not want anymore when I finally have it in hand.

User

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    I have given up the chasing and all that. If I ever get it I would be most surprised as I will have a brand new vintage firearm. And to think I really wanted to get a hunting rifle and a semi auto shotgun next but this has left such a bad after taste that unfortunately I have to give them exactly what they want and not even bother to attempt getting more firearms. It is not worth the stress, anger and frustration that this broken process causes. The whole thing is broken from DFO and all the way around back to DFO. Which is probably also a shame since there are probably 1 or 2 good people somewhere - I just wish someone somewhere would have some ear to the ground and to know what is going on in the whole SAPS and start fixing all this... suppose when things get to this point all you can do is sit back and watch it go to ruin. I have never spent so much on something I will probably not want anymore when I finally have it in hand.
    I dont think you should give up entirely, yes it is frustrating but if you give up and dont buy more firearms then they win. When i done my second application (the 1 im wainting for now), i was told to submit and forget. That advice is ringing true as the more i check the more frustrating it is. But i am waiting for my further competency and then AR and Shotty.

Dont give up

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast