Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: CFR Hotline & Email

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Remember you guys went through the Covid lockdown and who knows how long things took to get back to normal. You could have lost 3 months.
    Back to normal?
    According to my DFO the CFR is still running at under 50% staff due to SAPS Covid regulations

User

What is normal? There is no such thing as there has been no standards set and enforced. No service level agreed and held accountable for. It is like McDonalds... have you seen how the staff generally ignore that annoying beeping of the old order tickets - they have completely blocked it out seemingly as you wait in the drive thru. Now the CFR is like that but there is no beeping, no assembly line, no process, no sense of duty, no repercussions to failure, it is a job which seemingly the staff do not have to do if they do not feel like it. If they got rid of all the staff that do not perform I also do not think there will be people willing to do the job nor will there be many staff left to do any of it. And the management are less worried than staff... and that seems to go all the way to the top too.

Rant off.

User

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

User

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    I have given up the chasing and all that. If I ever get it I would be most surprised as I will have a brand new vintage firearm. And to think I really wanted to get a hunting rifle and a semi auto shotgun next but this has left such a bad after taste that unfortunately I have to give them exactly what they want and not even bother to attempt getting more firearms. It is not worth the stress, anger and frustration that this broken process causes. The whole thing is broken from DFO and all the way around back to DFO. Which is probably also a shame since there are probably 1 or 2 good people somewhere - I just wish someone somewhere would have some ear to the ground and to know what is going on in the whole SAPS and start fixing all this... suppose when things get to this point all you can do is sit back and watch it go to ruin. I have never spent so much on something I will probably not want anymore when I finally have it in hand.
    Sorry I didnt read the whole thread but have you contacted GOSA?

Also, its super frustrating, but what frustrates me more than the shit system is the fact that I dont have enough spare cash right now to buy the PCC I need, I have been applying for a license every 2-3 months since last year June, and my rhythm is about to be broken.

The system sucks, but dont let it beat you!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Sorry I didnt read the whole thread but have you contacted GOSA?
    I am a gold member yes and following up so I have tried every usable avenue...

I think as soon as my S13 arrives I will probably start my DSS. Will feel better about it then probably

I have given up the chasing and all that. If I ever get it I would be most surprised as I will have a brand new vintage firearm. And to think I really wanted to get a hunting rifle and a semi auto shotgun next but this has left such a bad after taste that unfortunately I have to give them exactly what they want and not even bother to attempt getting more firearms. It is not worth the stress, anger and frustration that this broken process causes. The whole thing is broken from DFO and all the way around back to DFO. Which is probably also a shame since there are probably 1 or 2 good people somewhere - I just wish someone somewhere would have some ear to the ground and to know what is going on in the whole SAPS and start fixing all this... suppose when things get to this point all you can do is sit back and watch it go to ruin. I have never spent so much on something I will probably not want anymore when I finally have it in hand.
    Don't give up! Take Brad's advice and submit and forget.
    Think about it, once the process is over, that's it you have your guns forever apart from the renewals but the guns are in your hands. Things are getting back to normal somewhat I think given the lockdown and amnesty apps. Just go through the process and just forget about it for 4months then check.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Back to normal?
    According to my DFO the CFR is still running at under 50% staff due to SAPS Covid regulations
    I did not know that. Everything else is pretty well back to normal why is CFR only working at 50%?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Don't give up! Take Brad's advice and submit and forget.
    Think about it, once the process is over, that's it you have your guns forever apart from the renewals but the guns are in your hands. Things are getting back to normal somewhat I think given the lockdown and amnesty apps. Just go through the process and just forget about it for 4months then check.
    Problem is also I am 5 months at "in Consideration" and counting... but I have let it go for now... maybe 2022 CFR might figure is a good year... I have started putting together a happy birthday for my application that I want to send to my application.

Problem is also I am 5 months at "in Consideration" and counting... but I have let it go for now... maybe 2022 CFR might figure is a good year... I have started putting together a happy birthday for my application that I want to send to my application.
    Do you mean your total time is 5 months, or that you have been "in consideration" for 5 months? If the latter then you need to contact your DFO or get GOSA to intervene.

I am a gold member yes and following up so I have tried every usable avenue...

I think as soon as my S13 arrives I will probably start my DSS. Will feel better about it then probably
    Yes it's super frustrating but don't give up. My first and only weapon I have in my possesion thus far is my S13 and it took 363 in total since I bought it till the day that I hand it in my hand. It was a Friday afternoon, not much going on at work and I get a private number call which I don't usually answer. Answer the phone and it's the antie from the station telling me the card is ready for pick up.

Currently I'm waiting for 2 approvals, S15 Maverick 12G and a S16 M&P 15. Might get a hunting rifle or PAR one day.

When you get your first gun all will be forgotten.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast