Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hennie Barnard View Post
    Yes it's super frustrating but don't give up. My first and only weapon I have in my possesion thus far is my S13 and it took 363 in total since I bought it till the day that I hand it in my hand. It was a Friday afternoon, not much going on at work and I get a private number call which I don't usually answer. Answer the phone and it's the antie from the station telling me the card is ready for pick up.

Currently I'm waiting for 2 approvals, S15 Maverick 12G and a S16 M&P 15. Might get a hunting rifle or PAR one day.

When you get your first gun all will be forgotten.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
    I thought that once you get dedicated, that all your S15 licences are converted to S16. It is one of the reasons I am hesitant to go dedicated, I like the idea of having the S15s more permanent status.

User

Default Re: CFR Hotline & Email

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I thought that once you get dedicated, that all your S15 licences are converted to S16. It is one of the reasons I am hesitant to go dedicated, I like the idea of having the S15s more permanent status.
    Firearms remain on sections they are on (Sec13 & 15) regardless of you DS status. DSS only opens up a wider variety ....

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    Firearms remain on sections they are on (Sec13 & 15) regardless of you DS status. DSS only opens up a wider variety ....
    Oh that is great news. I ask because it was someone here that said it happened to him if I am remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    You pick on the SAP 271 the type of license you're applying for and motivate accordingly.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

User

5 months - "in consideration"
    10 months total since 5 June 2020.

CFR does not respond anything they are sent. no matter what you do. I will keep trying.

User

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    5 months - "in consideration"
    10 months total since 5 June 2020.

CFR does not respond anything they are sent. no matter what you do. I will keep trying.
    Yup... Same as me, applied may 2020. Been in consideration since mid December.

CFR is Utterly useless

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Don't give up. That's what they want. I believe it's organised chaos compounded by systemic inefficiency. I have 4 in excess of 400 days n 1 in excess if 500 days. Iv decided to run the marathon n not the sprint. It happens, when it happens. Take it in yr stride.

I applied May 2020. Received card 1st week Jan 2021.

Im handing in an app tomorrow at 10h00. After making appointment 1 month ago.

However. At present I dont blame CFR at all. Hell I am upset about having to wait this long when I actually compete with mine and have so for 20 years.

But I do blame all the people who never did their renewals over many years of being warned to do. Rather sat over and waited for some court case. Instead as the rest of the active shooters keeping all up to date. So these firearm owners who delayed their renewals. Has now through amnesty finally woke up. And submitting apps. Which are now creating months and months of backlogs. So frustration should be towards them and CFR. And currently more towards them then CFR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

However. At present I dont blame CFR at all. Hell I am upset about having to wait this long when I actually compete with mine and have so for 20 years.

But I do blame all the people who never did their renewals over many years of being warned to do. Rather sat over and waited for some court case. Instead as the rest of the active shooters keeping all up to date. So these firearm owners who delayed their renewals. Has now through amnesty finally woke up. And submitting apps. Which are now creating months and months of backlogs. So frustration should be towards them and CFR. And currently more towards them then CFR.
    I blame the CFR and the waste of oxygen hat wearing prick who pushed for an "amnesty" targeting expired licenses, knowing fully that SAPS could never handle the volume, but that was the idea from the start, get people to buy less guns because it takes 9 months+ to get a new license...

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

Ja well no fine.

Wonder what you would have said if more than the 10% actually went and applied?

And how many of the 10% actually just gave it in? Surely that group does not affect other applications?

While you at it you can blame Covid as well.

So much for people trying to get back on level terms with the ridiculous shitty administrated law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3