Default Dedicated Hunter/Sports-Shooting Application

Hoping someone can advise.

I am currently S15 licensed for a .30-06 Rifle.
    I have a NHSA dedicated cert for hunting and sport-shooting

I want to apply for a S16 6.5CM Dedicated status.

1. Is my application for a firearm firearm license under Section 16 of the Firearms Control Act 2000 (Act No 60 of 2000) for Hunting and Sports-Shooting? Or do I need to choose Sports Shooting only for instance.
    2. I want to motivate both my competitive shooting and hunting reasons. SHould I rather pick one aligned with above?
    3. Does anyone have some good examples to assist with my motivation. The .30-06 could be used for PRS/NRL but it will be extremely difficult to be competitive. Is that a good enough reason? It can also almost do anything a 6.5 can do with hunting .... maybe not as accurately at long distance and may cause more damage to say a springbok. Again, Is that a good enough reason?
    4. If I only have 1 rifle so far, how do I motivate dedicated status. The need to have more rounds for competitions/practice and loading?

User

Default Re: Dedicated Hunter/Sports-Shooting Application

1 & 2
    On your license it only says SECTION 16 and does not specify Hunting/Sport.
    Motivate for what you want to use it for (either being sport shooting, hunting, or both). Even if you only intend shooting targets, mention that the 6.5CM is also gaining wider acceptance as a hunting caliber and therefore can be used for this as well.
    NHSA will go through your application and endorse that the weapon is suitable for the purpose being applied for.

Reasons touched on here sounds compelling if you just elaborate on it.
    Emphasis on what the 6.5CM can do better and more suitable for than the 30-06

No need to motivate dedicated status because you already have it? Dedicated status (or some would say Sec16 license) entitles you to have more than 200 rounds? (not sure I understand this question)

Hope this helps.

Banned

1 & 2. Apply for S.16, but motivate for either hunting or sport shooting.

3. Apply the 6.5 for sport shooting because that is what everyone does. You may use it for hunting as well, but your main purpose for buying was sport. Be honest.

If you do not have 4 or more firearms then just apply under Section 15 Occasional hunting OR sports shooting. Once you have the licence you can use it for the other category as well.

Peter