Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default How to reblacken rear sights.

I have a set of RHT sights on my glock (Fibre optic front with backed out rear) I've recently noticed that the black finish has started to wear off a bit. I am looking into repainting the rear face of the rear sight with some matte black model paint but first would like to what others have used to do this.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: How to reblacken rear sights.

I have no idea what Glock sights are made of or what they look like, but for steel you could use a cold blueing/browning product. Something like Ballistol Schnell-Brünierung.

User

Birchwood Cassey Perma Blue.

I have used it on my brother's rear sight on his Glock and on a replacement safety on a CZ 75. Clean the part properly and de-grease it, apply with a cotton earbud, rinse of residue in clean water and repeat a few times. It gives a nice black finish that seems to hold up well.

But before you do it go and shoot the gun and see if you actually NEED to re-blue the sights. My EDC has a brown / black / greyish (RHT) rear sight that shoots just as well as a brand new one...

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    I have no idea what Glock sights are made of or what they look like, but for steel you could use a cold blueing/browning product. Something like Ballistol Schnell-Brünierung.
    Thanks!

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Birchwood Cassey Perma Blue.

I have used it on my brother's rear sight on his Glock and on a replacement safety on a CZ 75. Clean the part properly and de-grease it, apply with a cotton earbud, rinse of residue in clean water and repeat a few times. It gives a nice black finish that seems to hold up well.

But before you do it go and shoot the gun and see if you actually NEED to re-blue the sights. My EDC has a brown / black / greyish (RHT) rear sight that shoots just as well as a brand new one...
    Thanks! The sights still work fine, so it's not a big deal yet. As the finish continues to wear and it affects how well I see, I'll look into it again.

User

Im actually going to get my Dawson precision rear sight cerakoted at Simms arms in Uvongo end of the month when im there....
    It doesnt really affect performance, but I prefer to have them black, and stay black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Im actually going to get my Dawson precision rear sight cerakoted at Simms arms in Uvongo end of the month when im there....
    It doesnt really affect performance, but I prefer to have them black, and stay black

MMMMnnnn ??? never thought of this, sounds like a better than any idea. nice one 001

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    MMMMnnnn ??? never thought of this, sounds like a better than any idea. nice one 001
    I will give feedback after its done, they are convinced that it will work and they will only charge about 100 bucks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I will give feedback after its done, they are convinced that it will work and they will only charge about 100 bucks

How much is a normal old school blueing job going for now? How matt can you get cerakote?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    How much is a normal old school blueing job going for now? How matt can you get cerakote?
    I have no idea, but im sure cerakote will last longer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast