Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: How to reblacken rear sights.

You can get Ceracoat to be just what you want, it can be manipulated as per your imagination. Deep mat should be even easier to achieve, most of the cammo colors are mat already. (Do not know about metallic)
    I do feel that almost any Cera coat job will beat any bluing job by a long way, it is just so leagues ahead.

As you may note I am a great fan of this Cera coat stuff, it really impressed me much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I will give feedback after its done, they are convinced that it will work and they will only charge about 100 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can not imagine my Gun Shop charging me for a sight to be Blackened unless I was "needing it tomorrow " pressuring them.
    I am having my .22 AA done again soon, in mat black, might just get some open sites done same time.
    My AA .22 Deringer lasted 3 years in my pocket with coins and keys, its looking shabby now.

User

Im actually going to get my Dawson precision rear sight cerakoted at Simms arms in Uvongo end of the month when im there....
    It doesnt really affect performance, but I prefer to have them black, and stay black

Cerakote also seems like a good option.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I can not imagine my Gun Shop charging me for a sight to be Blackened unless I was "needing it tomorrow " pressuring them.
    I am having my .22 AA done again soon, in mat black, might just get some open sites done same time.
    My AA .22 Deringer lasted 3 years in my pocket with coins and keys, its looking shabby now.
    Yeah but the thing is they are not my local gun shop, they just happen to do it, and ill be taking a week off come month end, so they said I can bring it in the morning, pick it up in the afternoon... they also have a range, so I could re-zero it no problem well worth R100+-

User

If i sent the rear sight off to one of the well known and reputable guys in Gauteng, it would probably take weeks if not months, the ones I have contacted have not even come back to me....

User

Quote Originally Posted by MFouche94 View Post
    Cerakote also seems like a good option.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk
    Pics when done please.

User

Yeah but the thing is they are not my local gun shop, they just happen to do it, and ill be taking a week off come month end, so they said I can bring it in the morning, pick it up in the afternoon... they also have a range, so I could re-zero it no problem well worth R100+-

Pics when done please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2