User

Default Help Identify this Franchi Shotguns

Any info on this shotguns as another forum member that is not on this group need assistance.

For more photos.
    https://www.shotgunforums.com/threads/help-identify-this-franchi-shotgun.27135/

Can anyone share some info of the two shotguns like model no and year of manufacturing. What is the difference in the main frame as the black model has an indent in the bottom above the trigger. I assume the barrels a nitro proof. Any info will be appreciated.

Markings - SPA Luigi Franchi Brescia - Made in Italy -
    Markings - 12 Ga Chambered 2,3/4

User

Default Re: Help Identify this Franchi Shotguns

Both look a lot like members of the model 500-series from around the 80's.

The scalloped out receiver on the black one is a first for me.

User

Thx. Some other people also identify the silver one as a Hunter 520. I finally made contact with someone on the Franchi website. The silver one is also identified as a series 500. However, the black gun stumps everyone, even they don.t have any info on it, maybe a retired Franchi technician can identify that gun. I will try and get hold of the serial numbers and maybe get more info.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    Thx. Some other people also identify the silver one as a Hunter 520. I finally made contact with someone on the Franchi website. The silver one is also identified as a series 500. However, the black gun stumps everyone, even they don.t have any info on it, maybe a retired Franchi technician can identify that gun. I will try and get hold of the serial numbers and maybe get more info.

The scallops look like a factory job, since they are covered with the same original-looking crackle finish as the rest of the receiver. Maybe it was a once-off or limited edition 500? The rest of the parts should be mod 500-series. The rib on the barrel is usually associated with a mod 520. So 2 x Franchi 520's there?