Thread: AR Optics

User

Default AR Optics

I have been running a Trijicon RMR on my AR for a few years now and was thinking of adding larger optics for the longer shots and moving the RMR to a 45deg mount for the closer shots.
    The RMR works great for 3gun on the shorter distances however on 100m+ I'm struggling with precise shots.

Problem is I have a 10.5 barrel so my rounds run out of steam quite quickly. The 1-4/6/8X scopes are great but are way overpriced.

Does anyone have experience running a 3-9X on a SBR?

User

Default Re: AR Optics

I have a very lightly used Delta Hornet 1-6x24 for sale that came off of my now sold AR if you're interested.

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...ne-XSKEL-mount

[QUOTE=koperaal koos;1409217]I have been running a Trijicon RMR on my AR for a few years now and was thinking of adding larger optics for the longer shots and moving the RMR to a 45deg mount for the closer shots.
    The RMR works great for 3gun on the shorter distances however on 100m+ I'm struggling with precise shots.

Problem is I have a 10.5 barrel so my rounds run out of steam quite quickly. The 1-4/6/8X scopes are great but are way overpriced.

Does anyone have experience running a 3-9X on a SBR?[/I have Been running a Sig Romeo 5 with a flip to side sig jullette 4 for the longer shots it works great but prefer the trijicon acog for the longer shots to be honest.

User

I have looked at the ACOG's, but they have very short eye relief. Not a major issue, will just take some training if used to different optics

The 3.5 ACOG is not bad in terms of eye relief. The 4x is shorter eye relief but not a major issue. Where the ACOG shines is the bright reticle, plus shape. Very easy to put reticle on target. The lines on the 3x9 etc are for finer shooting. Some of the newer illuminated, expensive scopes may be a different kettle. I have both on bobro qd mounts and it is the ACOG that comes out 99% of the time.

Have you considered adding a magnifier? I added a Holosun magnifier to mine and been great