Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need some help.

User

Default Re: Need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    I know this, yet I called back I totally forgot about this scheme.
    Yes, after so many people asked for Mr Lakay I figured he had my number previously. I don't mind their calls much. But these silent calls.... Maybe I watch too much television.
    You should become scared if the start breathing, but very scared if the start to cough and wheeze. LoL. Maybe you should answer "the subscriber you have dialed doesn't want to speak to you, please try someone else" ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    You should become scared if the start breathing, but very scared if the start to cough and wheeze. LoL. Maybe you should answer "the subscriber you have dialed doesn't want to speak to you, please try someone else" ?
    I'm going to try the suggestion to answer but keep quiet. Or, please hold and just let him wait for nothing.

User

But these silent calls....
    Are there any loud breathing involved,,,,? LOL

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    Are there any loud breathing involved,,,,? LOL

Not yet

User

Every time a telemarketer calls me looking for Mr. Insert Surname Here, I sadly inform them that he is dead....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Every time a telemarketer calls me looking for Mr. Insert Surname Here, I sadly inform them that he is dead....
    That happens. There was an eff protest/march/whatever message going around on WhatsApp a while back. I phoned one of the numbers on the pic and they guy had actually passed away a year previously. His son was not happy that everyone from the police to me had been phoning him.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

But at least they speak with you.
    Nope. When answering calls just drop on the other side.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I tell them that unfortunately I cannot do any business with them as I am currently under debt rescue administration. Most of the time a prompt "good bye" follows.

User

For some reason I get this a lot. Happens periodically. Some are trying to contact a person that has used my number while opening an account. After a few cordial chat's explaining they are looking for a person I have no knowledge of, they then get the hold on I'll see if he's available treatment.
    After that I just block the number.
    The silent/drop call on answering crowd, after second dropped call I just block the number.

Couldn't care who it is or what they want, if they behave like that their intentions are not honourable.

Curiously, this type of calling begins shortly after visiting Nedbank and they need to confirm my contact details. Maybe just a coincidence, the POPI act should be taken seriously.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    For some reason I get this a lot. Happens periodically. Some are trying to contact a person that has used my number while opening an account. After a few cordial chat's explaining they are looking for a person I have no knowledge of, they then get the hold on I'll see if he's available treatment.
    After that I just block the number.
    The silent/drop call on answering crowd, after second dropped call I just block the number.

Couldn't care who it is or what they want, if they behave like that their intentions are not honourable.

Curiously, this type of calling begins shortly after visiting Nedbank and they need to confirm my contact details. Maybe just a coincidence, the POPI act should be taken seriously.
    No idea about Nedbank, but at some other banks it is still being implemented.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2