Thread: RDS on G26/4

Banned

Default RDS on G26/4

Hallo Folks,

My wife recently handled a G19X with a red dot sight and she is impressed to say the least.

Can one put a RDS on a G26/4 without hiccups, or does it require machining?

User

Default Re: RDS on G26/4

You can use a Toni Systems plate without issue, but it does raise the RDS up a few millimeters. The only real down side it that you will need a suppressor height front sight if you want some sort of BUIS.

HOWEVER!

There's nothing wrong with machining the slide, lots of people do it and there seems to be no detriment mechanical reliability - IF IT IS DONE PROPERLY BY MRST. It allows a lower RDS mount.

Banned

As per Captain Hook, first place would be to get it to MRST and let the guys work their magic
    My 26 will be going in as soon as finances allow

Won't a dot have a detrimental effect on such a short slide as the 26 ? I'm just wondering...

Banned

This look very promising:

https://www.leupold.com/blog/post/in...ltapoint-micro

Does anyone know whether or when this will be available in SA?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Balneuwes View Post
    Won't a dot have a detrimental effect on such a short slide as the 26 ? I'm just wondering...
    Why? The part of the slide where the RDS sits, between the rear sight and breech face, is the same on all double-stack Glock 9mm pistols. The differences are in front of the ejection port, far away from the RDS.

User

It would actually have a beneficial effect on short slide guns like the 26 as the short sight radius is no longer applicable (well, unless you keep some backup suppressor height co-witnessing sights on it).

For a RDS I see MOS or milling being the recommended way of installation. I also recall the Holosun 507 or 508 being popular options as well as the Shield RMS (less durable though).

User

The 26 with its short slide all ready requires slightly hotter ammo to run reliably, I wonder how the extra weight would affect it, you may have a point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Why? The part of the slide where the RDS sits, between the rear sight and breech face, is the same on all double-stack Glock 9mm pistols. The differences are in front of the ejection port, far away from the RDS.
    Just thinking weight wise and whether it would interfere with cycling

User

Just thinking weight wise and whether it would interfere with cycling
    The G26 slide is already lighter than the rest (19,17,34), so a little extra weight will just get it closer to "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    The 26 with its short slide all ready requires slightly hotter ammo to run reliably, I wonder how the extra weight would affect it, you may have a point
    I guess the hotter ammo requirement has to do with the recoil spring setup. The shorter and lighter slide should need less impulse to cycle, all other things being equal.