Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Glock 35 - 35 000ish rounds later

More of a technical interest this.
    Id say its closer to 40k but im being more reserved in my estimate.
    Dryfire probably x2 ( conservatively)
    All other parts except the ones pictured have been replaced in the course of the guns lifetime so only these have been with the gun since new and seen the full roundcount.
    All ammo shot has been 170 - 180PF
    A reduced power recoil spring has been in the gun since 10k - replaced every 3 - 4k - i mention this because there is less spring force on the gun so probably been slamming itself apart more.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Glock 35 - 35 000ish rounds later

Thank you for sharing.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Thanks, interesting, it looks like it will easily do a lot more.

User

I call fake news. EVERYBODY knows that Glocks in 40SW just blow up, because they have an unsupported chamber, mos...

Seriously though, do you plan on replacing the frame at a point? The crack next to the (serial?) number looks like it'll grow throught the frame at a point. For interest sake, just see how the other side does not have a crack, because it's got the small circular cutout to reduce the stress concentration. I wonder why they only made that cutout on once side? There's obvious deformation of the frame there (that where the locking block goes, right?) does the extra introduced tolerances have a noticable influence on the fit of the components?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    does the extra introduced tolerances have a noticable influence on the fit of the components?
    At the risk of being a complete pedantic douche, a crack cannot introduce tolerance. A crack would introduce clearance which may exceed the tolerance of the design but it cannot change the tolerance.

Sorry it is early in the morning and I have not had my coffee yet and it bugs me that 99% of people use the word tolerance incorrectly so I am just exercising my soap box.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

You are of course 100% correct. I was more referring to the rearwards movement of the two protrusions

User

I call fake news. EVERYBODY knows that Glocks in 40SW just blow up, because they have an unsupported chamber, mos...

Seriously though, do you plan on replacing the frame at a point? The crack next to the (serial?) number looks like it'll grow throught the frame at a point. For interest sake, just see how the other side does not have a crack, because it's got the small circular cutout to reduce the stress concentration. I wonder why they only made that cutout on once side? There's obvious deformation of the frame there (that where the locking block goes, right?) does the extra introduced tolerances have a noticable influence on the fit of the components?
    Looks more like a molding mark than a crack to be honest.

User

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a crack in the frame. If you are referring to the dark line above the number on the "top side of the left side of the frame" I think that is just a shadow from the little ledge where the polymer frame sits flush with the locking block. And it would not be visible with the locking block in place (???)

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    At the risk of being a complete pedantic douche, a crack cannot introduce tolerance. A crack would introduce clearance which may exceed the tolerance of the design but it cannot change the tolerance.

Sorry it is early in the morning and I have not had my coffee yet and it bugs me that 99% of people use the word tolerance incorrectly so I am just exercising my soap box.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    You could say your tolerance for incorrect use of technical terminology is zero before your first cup of coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I suspect it’s the angle at which it’s photographed, I think the side you are referring to is a mirror image of the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast