Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Durable Jeans!? Are 5.11 Jeans the answer?

I'm finding I'm going through jeans at relatively fast rate, be it from Woolworths, Zara, Cape Union Mart, Levis. I wear them to work but I'm not doing anything strenuous or out of the ordinary apart from being on my feet for the majority of the day: I find they split at the knees, the pockets wear out (I do carry a lot in my pockets) or they split at the buttocks (only had this happen on the WW pair). I have tried repairing them but it will tear 2 cm above or below the previous tear, obviously a worn out area/weak point.

The above jeans are priced at R400-600 (the Levis were purchased 2 for 1) but when you add up the cost of all the damaged jeans it makes me wonder if there isn't something more durable out there! I'm contemplating purchasing a pair of the 5.11 Defender Flex Jeans from Hailstorm but they come at a hefty price, I want to find out if anyone has experience with 5.11 jeans or can recommend an alternative durable pair?

https://www.hailstormza.com/product/...ex-slim-jeans/

User

Default Re: Durable Jeans!? Are 5.11 Jeans the answer?

Levi = anti-gun.
    https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/07/2...cks-anti-guns/
    A hefty price is worth it if they are going to last.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Levi = anti-gun.
    https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/07/2...cks-anti-guns/
    A hefty price is worth it if they are going to last.
    Thanks, I was made aware of the above subsequent to my purchase of the 2x Levis. I don't mind paying a hefty price, but I want to know that the jeans will be durable!

User

I stopped wearing jeans ages ago,went everywhere looking and couldn't come right, the legs were all wrong or the waist was too big but the legs fitted.silly styles or they would rip in the groin area. They seem to all be cut wrong(can't even climb up ladder without fiddling pulling them up.
    I buy woolies flat front chinos now ,they like R370. much cooler than jeans ,more comfortable and have a leg wide enough to wear boots with.
    The best part is I don't have to mess with them just to climb up something and the first pair is starting to fade and they like 4years old.

User

I have similar gripes with most jeans, particularly the pockets.

What has worked best for me over the last decade or so is the Stone Harbour brand from Edgars. For me they are more comfortable than Levis and have deeper, stronger pockets that last longer. Both brands wear out in the crotch at an equal rate but the Stone Harbour are a fraction of the price. Edgars is in the process of being shut down so there are a number of specials running and a few weeks back I bought 3 pairs for R900, which should see me sorted for the next 5 years. at R300/pair it's worth taking the risk.

User

Pity is that they don't import/make Jason Michael jeans anymore. They used to last and fit me.

Levi's are made in Maseru, Lesotho then exported to the States then imported back to SA. So pay USD 70 A pair. Cheap Labour.

User

Blaai so bietjie hier deur.
    Dalk 'n alternatief, om jou jeans te spaar.
    https://za.rs-online.com/mobile/c/pe...253,4294474075

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk

I have not tried the 5.11 jeans but have a few of their other pants Apex etc, one pair is about three years old ad has seen many days of wear and is still in perfect condition

User

JEEP!!!!

I bought 3 pairs of Jeep flexible stretch jeans over 3 years ago, I wear them to work which is 65% office and 35% workshop, hydraulics, lathes, scrap metal, the works.

Only now after 3 years + has the one pair started showing ware, maybe I wear that one more without knowing it, the other 2 pairs are still great condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast