Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default The future of mini rifle in SA IPSC vs PCC

Minirifle, to keep or to sell.

Look, minirifle is a sh#tload of fun. Not as cheap as it used to be, but vs 223, no compare. I am faced with a conundrum. PCC vs minirifle.

My club is active in minirifle to certain degree but my province and then SAPSA (on a provincial and national level) are not. The introduction of PCC ( available at a national level yet MR is not) has killed the idea of minirifle in SA at a national and even provincial competition level. At least this is my feeling on the matter. I will send mails to my provincial IPSC representative for their input, but an open question. Dump the minirifle ( can't afford both unfortunately) for a PCC? Reloading for 9mm in any case so have the tools to shoot more.

The drawback here is that licencing takes ages, and no thanks, I will not be competing with a Roni ( had one and sold it).

Comments appreciated

User

Default Re: The future of mini rifle in SA IPSC vs PCC

Get the PCC.

You can shoot a normal HG match with pcc, which as far as I know is not possible with mini rifle.
    PCC is like a hybrid off HG and Rifle so there are many a rifle match a PCC is not going to be out of place due to limited distances of the match.

User

Keep your mini rifle while waiting for your pcc license. After that you'll find that your mini rifle is worth nothing on the secondhand market or sell it now for a bit more and hope you have your pcc in hand within a year. At least you and your kids can enjoy the mini rifle in the meantime.

User

The fact that a snake biting a guy in the USA gets more hits ,responses and views than this just about explains the state of minirifle in SA. Sad.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vier View Post
    The fact that a snake biting a guy in the USA gets more hits ,responses and views than this just about explains the state of minirifle in SA. Sad.
    Haha, so my opinion doesn't make up for the lack of response from the rest of the community. LoL.
    Hoe gaan dit nog ddai kant?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Haha, so my opinion doesn't make up for the lack of response from the rest of the community. LoL.
    Hoe gaan dit nog ddai kant?
    No offence intended! Good advice, but I'm a selfish oldish guy. Screw the kids, this is for me.

Perhaps I should add something controversial like:
    - I don't go one up cos' it's dangerous mos
    - I refuse to wear a mask, it gives me pimples
    - I wear a mask cos I am scared of the Rona
    - how long does my licence take to approve
    - a 38 is the BEST gun for ladies
    - Gaboon vipers are sissies compared to Puff adders
    - Does minirifle in SA have a future compared to PCC

Andersinds gaan dit goed. Dis lekker in die Kaap, ons stig mos binnekort af. Kry jou paspoort reg

User

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vier View Post
    The drawback here is that licencing takes ages, and no thanks, I will not be competing with a Roni ( had one and sold it).
    Comments appreciated
    I am interested to know why not Roni? Please keep in mind I have ZERO IPSC experience, but do shoot IDPA/MPDS.

User

I am a keen IPSC Mini Rifle participant.

I think Mini Rifle could easily be presented along with PCC, as is what we are expecting at the next world shoot.

I have also raised this with my provincial representative and hope that the discipline will be included in upcoming PCC matches. Considering the number of endorsements that went out for these rifles, I’m sure if match organizers include this in PCC matches, there will be people that participate.

At heart I am a rifle shooter, and at the very least I will keep the Mini Rifle as a trainer.

Another benefit for Mini Rifle is that you don’t need to spend R50k+ to get a good gun running.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mtaute View Post
    I am interested to know why not Roni? Please keep in mind I have ZERO IPSC experience, but do shoot IDPA/MPDS.
    My primary production gun is a P09. Was not 100% happy with the functioning of the chassis with the 09. Other limitations include:
    - magazine capacity
    - "barrel" length , it's just a shroud and a short one at that. You can get a longer one for R2500 extra, but then I am halfway to a PCC already.
    - it's short for me for competition use( I am nearly 2 meters tall)

Look, it's an awesome toy but not for me for competition.

Loved it in my 07 but the main idea was to compete with it so moved it along.

User

We will be hosting a PCC/Mini Rifle IPSC match at Premier Shooting Club on the 25th of April.

All SAPSA affiliated shooters are welcome to participate.

https://practiscore.com/ngpsa-mini-r...emier/register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast