The .275 Rigby, one of my childhood letdowns, I do not know what I was expecting, but!

I grew up reading, reading books like most people change socks. Loved the old went to African and ....... tales. In many of the books the .404 is mentioned often with the words sweet, magnificent and delightful in near association. I still love this caliber from those reads.

Another rifle mentioned often was the .275 Rigby, a beautiful weapon used for so much and always brought along with the .404 and other such wonderful creations. Sentences like" The little .275 performed beyond ...." and " ' the Rigby was a dream to....." "he took everything from ...... to ....... with little Rigby"
In short it became a magical caliber to me and as a child that magic had no boundaries. I would own one one day. When I came of age and then financial ability, I also started reading factual books and things like cartridges of the world etc.
Imagine my disappointment when I eventually realized the 275 Rigby was a mere 7x57, just a 7x57.
Also a great caliber, one I admired as well, but still nothing like the .275 Rigby.

Oh that .275 Rigby that was a great caliber indeed, or was it a great rifle? Lived the plains of Kenya and Africa with it I did. Loved that rifle to bits.