Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Blu Logistics (Bucroadfreight) great service

Can vouch for Megan and BluLog. Used them before with excellent service.

If you want a high priority delivery with overnight service. Probably not going to work. Took around a week, very cost effective , and great personal comms from Megan herself.

User

I had to choose between expensive but on time or cheap and late. The latter being too expensive for me. 13 days later I am still waiting for Stanley to send a quote and consent form.

Like most things, it seems you get what you pay for. I mean, how difficult is it to keep the website up to date? I can't even find a website for Buccaneer Road Freight. A mention of the pertinent details on the Blu website would have been nice.... And the boss cannot even trust her staff to answer the phone. All things considered, do you really trust them with your firearms? There is a reason why RAM can charge what the do.

Sorry for the rant. I have only heard good things about Blu on Glocksite. After recommending Blu to all my friends for the past year, I was the one with egg on my face when we needed transportation. They would really have to up their game before I consider them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Buccaneer Road Freight
    Bookings@bucroadfreight.co.za
    Megan 0823075336

But remember they pretty much do a trip to each region weekly. You might need to wait a couple days extra.

Speak to Megan directly. She does make the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, if there is like a 40% difference it might be worth the wait. Wildman will be shipping it so I hope that they aren't married to RAM.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    R2000! Man, if that is the case my "good deal" up north might just turn out to be more expensive than I thought.

Anyone have any idea what shipping a Glock 17 in a case from Gauteng to Cape Town Southern Suburbs with Blu or RAM will cost. Just a guess will be good....

I got quotes in December to courier a Glock in its case from Gauteng - Pretoria to CPT - Southern Suburbs and Ram was R844 with delivery in the space of a week and Blu Logistics was R707 with a delivery period of 5 - 15 days

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I got quotes in December to courier a Glock in its case from Gauteng - Pretoria to CPT - Southern Suburbs and Ram was R844 with delivery in the space of a week and Blu Logistics was R707 with a delivery period of 5 - 15 days
    Hey thanks for the feedback, if that is what RAM charges that would be great, I was expecting R1000.
    Do you know if they do insurance or is it not needed, just thinking about all the courier hijacking.

User

I had a rifle shipped last year with Blue Logistics. The dealer where I live told me that they get better rates than your normal person when shipping a firearm with RAM. So if the dealer ships the firearm with RAM will be cheaper but if you do the shipping with RAM you will pay more.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Hey thanks for the feedback, if that is what RAM charges that would be great, I was expecting R1000.
    Do you know if they do insurance or is it not needed, just thinking about all the courier hijacking.
    Ram don't offer insurance to cash clients, ie you need to have an account with them to have the option of taking out insurance from my understanding, your dealer may possibly have an account and if they're user friendly could maybe assist in this regard. I opted to use Ram without insurance, their guards carry firearms concealed in nondescript vehicles.

User

My RAM order took 2 weeks from Pretoria to George and the gun's stock was cracked.

Let's be honest. Neither will pay out or admit fault so I don't care how long it takes, I care about how much it costs. I obviously need some money left over.

User

Update from my side. Sent signed paperwork off for collection 21 days ago. Strand guns advised I should actually rather use Ramm.Collected from dealer 8 days ago. Phone mostly doesn't get answered. When I finally got through twice this week they would let me know asap. Still waiting for the confirmation when I can expect the firearm as I live on a Farm where it will be delivered and need to ensure I am available and gates are unlocked. Spoken to basically everyone at the company. Actually asked Stanley what happens to the firearm once collected if the delivery will be in 2 weeks etc. It stays in the truck for that time.Will i use them again. No never. Pay the premium in this case R150 more and use Ramm. I've never had an issue with Ramm for many many deliveries.For me it's not the wait but the lack of correspondence, return or even answer a call that drives me to another service provider.

Unfortunately i had the exact same experience 2 weeks ago! I can make this a long write up but will try keep it short. Dealer recommended RAM, i went with Blu because of good reviews i heard. I emailed Megan, within 2 minutes she phoned me and explained the process, Stanley would send me forms...i was impressed. I got the forms 10 minutes later, excellent service! Completed them, sent them back. Highlighting the fact that the rifle is stored off site and not at the gun shop, in other words i/they need to know when it will be collected. I never heard from Stanley again. Calls to Megan went unanswered. I eventually stripped my moer and contacted RAM, they directed me online to complete the docs, they would do same day collection. I let the gun shop know they organized the rifle to get to their shop. While i was busy sorting payment to RAM the gun shop phones, BLU is there to collect the rifle. Anyway against my better judgement i let BLU take it, their paperwork looked in order and just by luck the rifle was there because RAM was going to collect.

Anyway, now for delivery. I am not always around and as i understood i have to be present with license to receive. Emails to Stanley go unanswered, Megan as well. Eventually the office phone gets answered, a Wayne checks the system with my Waybill no (which i got from gun shop, not from BLU), get told rifle will be there tomorrow morning. I cancel appointments, that afternoon i receive an email from Stefano regarding my enquiry on delivery...maybe tomorrow can't confirm. But he will let me know closer to the time. Anyway, story is getting long, next day came, 12 o'clock i phoned and got Wayne again, oh, still on route. Should have it today, 15h00 Megan phones, truck is half an hour away, please be there to collect. 17h00 i phone her, oh truck is 5km away. Anyway guys, i eventually got my rifle all in good order, but obviously in a tikka box well packaged. The 3 ton flat bed had about 15 rifle cases just lying there, not tied down, able to slide and bump...

One thing i must admit though, its first time i have couriered a rifle, can't compare to RAM. But man the experience was shit!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast