Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default This Video DESTROYS The Anti-Gun Debate....

User

Default Re: This Video DESTROYS The Anti-Gun Debate....

Unfortunately, the anti-Gun fanatics don't care about facts or objective reality. They care about (their) feelings.

Afraid this is not a debate won with logic or facts. this is about perceptions, fear and last but not least government control.

Even the term "Anti Gun Debate", "Gun control Debate" or whatever title they give it, is part of the lie and disinformation campaign. For the simple reason that a debate assumes that 1 person can have its (See, gender neutral) opinion changed when educated with additional facts.

The fact of the matter is that the Anti gun brigade, are not interested in facts, or rational reasoning. They have a world view that can hardly ever be changed, despite their lived experiences telling them different. Thus they have a deep psychological (pathological) need to convert everyone to thier way of thinking and thereby validate their own world view. Debating an anti gun nut is like trying to reprogramm a computer system, 1 line of code at a time, will the CPU is churning out thousands of lines per second, you will never succeed, so don't waste your time.

There's a reason, why some people believe that liberalism is actually a mental illness.

User

Just to be fair, the pro-gun brigade suffers from the same "deep psychological (pathological) need to convert everyone to thier way of thinking and thereby validate their own world view".

Case in point. Over on MyBB there was a thread asking for gift ideas for 35-60 year olds.

I made the suggestion of a Glock 19, Glock 17 and AR-15. Then you're sorted. Half joking of course, but I won't say no!

One of the responses, granted it was only 1, I got was that you would only give that as a gift if you intend to shoot up a school or rob a bank. I responded so if you were given a set of kitchen knives as a gift you would then rob a bank or stab people in school with those knives.

Some people are so misinformed about guns and they are usually more afraid of a gun in their own hands that they just come up with ridiculous statements like that. Fear is a bad companion for logic, and it seems to go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Just to be fair, the pro-gun brigade suffers from the same "deep psychological (pathological) need to convert everyone to thier way of thinking and thereby validate their own world view".
    Surely there is a happy middle ground. However if you are challenged about guns and told that they are evil and so on that is a different story, then I will defend the right for gun ownership.

I haven't found that guys on Gunsite to be that way, rather most just seem to want gun ownership not to be taken away. Maybe I just haven't run into the right person though :p

User

Is it just me, or is anyone else a bit tired of the Right wing videos with titles like, Mr X totally DESTROYS/ EVISCERATES/ OBLITERATES the opposition in this debate, and then you watch it and its like OK, they had a good point but the opposition were still making theirs?

User

There are very good reasons for gun control. USA has 100 million guns in circulation, but that does not make it a safer place. The video hails so called "samaritan heros", but the point that there was an antihero with his own gun necessitating the "good samaritans", is not considered. In RSA, it would be utterly stupid not to have firm gun control. In fact, in RSA, a 15 year old cannot wield an AR, but we also don't have "school shootings". The notion that a general populace has the brevity / maturity / responsibility to own firearms unregulated, is simply devoid of common sense.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    There are very good reasons for gun control. USA has 100 million guns in circulation, but that does not make it a safer place. The video hails so called "samaritan heros", but the point that there was an antihero with his own gun necessitating the "good samaritans", is not considered. In RSA, it would be utterly stupid not to have firm gun control. In fact, in RSA, a 15 year old cannot wield an AR, but we also don't have "school shootings". The notion that a general populace has the brevity / maturity / responsibility to own firearms unregulated, is simply devoid of common sense.
    Sounds like a bunch of Fudd bullshit

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast