Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Same caliber for different sections

Size, capacity, classification. I believe these change with every app

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Its a non issue. I had 6 9x19 pistols at one time.
    I wish I was you....

User

I think one caliber per person, per reason or per shooting division is just a rumour that started when CFR declined apps stating 'you have not given good reasons'.
    Perhaps a few of those people applying had a similar caliber or maybe they were really declined for already having the same caliber but then people who appealed instead of reapplying would find that appealing with the same app would get it approved because it is not a law.

For my motivations I say what category my firearm will be used in but it is possible that CFR is reading all of my .22 apps every time I apply for a new .22 just to be sure this new one can't also serve as an 50m, open sight, bolt action

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Out of interest SSP - and maybe relevant to the thread - did you motivate each one differently, i.e. saying X is good for this specific event, Y is good for a different event? The question being, how did you motivate 6 different 9mm pistols in a way that they couldn't respond saying, you already have so no reason for another?
    Many disciplines also permit backup firearms. So identical guns are possible too.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Out of interest SSP - and maybe relevant to the thread - did you motivate each one differently, i.e. saying X is good for this specific event, Y is good for a different event? The question being, how did you motivate 6 different 9mm pistols in a way that they couldn't respond saying, you already have so no reason for another?
    Each was motivated for a different division. I explained why each was different to what I already had and why I couldn't use what I already had for the purpose.

I also explained the logistical sense in consolidating calibres.

I had one refused on a appeal because CFR couldn't grasp the dimensions of the guns that I had and the box that they needed to fit into. It was approved on appeal after I drew pictures for them in crayon. Literally.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2