Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Correspondence with CRC

How long does a competency app actually take to be processed at this stage. Is there a minimum / maximum time period before it moves to the next stage of the process.

Default Re: Correspondence with CRC

The ones I know recently took 6 to 8 weeks there before going to "for consideration"
    But as with all steps there is no consistency with the CFR and some have reported a lot shorter and others longer waits

Mine did not take very long at that stage, it moved to the next step within a few days (less than a week if I recall correctly). This was somewhere in the third quarter of 2020.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    The ones I know recently took 6 to 8 weeks there before going to "for consideration"
    But as with all steps there is no consistency with the CFR and some have reported a lot shorter and others longer waits
    Hi Mark357... I guess you're right mate. I've been through some of the threads here on Gunsite and on GOSA's FB page.... It appears that 6 to 8 weeks is the norm for apps to sit at CRC, though some have been there for a slightly longer or lesser period. I'm good to go for 8 weeks... App will be going on full 7 months since application for a competency certificate.

I handed in my application for competency on the 11th of January 2021. Up until now I haven't heard anything from the DFO. My dad handed in his application for amnesty 3 weeks after me and he got his sms on Saturday. Seems all the amnesty stuff is taking priority at this point...

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Barnes View Post
    Hi Mark357... I guess you're right mate. I've been through some of the threads here on Gunsite and on GOSA's FB page.... It appears that 6 to 8 weeks is the norm for apps to sit at CRC, though some have been there for a slightly longer or lesser period. I'm good to go for 8 weeks... App will be going on full 7 months since application for a competency certificate.
    Finally some movement after 32 days. My competency app moved from correspondence with crc to in process at crc yesterday 24th May 2021.

User

Hey CZ Barnes, when did your app move to correspondence with crc if you dont mind me asking?

User

Guy, remember that once approved the DFO can give you a printout without waiting for the card. It's as good as the card. My DFO anyway - Roodepoort, Capt Moleti

User

If i remember correctly, cards were stopped in 01/11/2020 and now you get the printout again from the DFO.
    My further competency app submitted 20/10/2020 and went correspondence with CRC on 06/05/2021

User

Quote Originally Posted by GlockVirgin View Post
    Hey CZ Barnes, when did your app move to correspondence with crc if you dont mind me asking?
    No problem bud... 09th April 2021

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast