Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Taurus Revolver ID

Good day.Can anyone confirm the model of this Revolver? I could not see any specific ingravings or marks to correctly determine the model.Perhaps Model 669 ? TIA

User

Model 66? I had the old model 65 with fixed sights. Was where my love for revolvers began.

Default Re: Taurus Revolver ID

Your guess is as good as mine Tobie. I only havr knowledge of the model 85. The lady-owner wants R2000 for it, which seems fair.

User

Seems the caliber is 357Mag? If so, that would be a model 66.

Value is probably around R2,5k.

Yes it is, I forgot to mention it.

Thank you A-R

User

In hindsight, mine was a good gun. The D/A trigger was nice and accuracy was great. I soon replaced it with a Taurus M689, because I wanted adjustable sights, but also sold that one. I regret selling both but in the end bought a S&W Mod 19.

Just one thing to keep in mind, I wanted to fit a Hogue mono grip to my Mod 65, but it didn't fit. At some stage, Taurus changed the dimensions on the grip frame. So Hogue Mono grips will fit newer models, but not old one's

This looks like the early models. The ones I shot had poor cylinder alignment and spit lead from the side.

Thank you for the replies. Yes I assume it is an early model (80s or 90s perhaps) I will ask the lady. I have noticed that it might be problematic/impossible to use a Speedloader.

I shot self loaded Wadcutter ammunition through it yesterday with no noticeable spitting. But if I decide to buy it I will have another, closer look.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    This looks like the early models. The ones I shot had poor cylinder alignment and spit lead from the side.
    Yes they can be like that new.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Thank you for the replies. Yes I assume it is an early model (80s or 90s perhaps) I will ask the lady. I have noticed that it might be problematic/impossible to use a Speedloader.

I shot self loaded Wadcutter ammunition through it yesterday with no noticeable spitting. But if I decide to buy it I will have another, closer look.
    Speedloaders (both Safariland and HKS) works fine on them with no problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast