Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Which Connector To Buy For Glock 19 EDC and Glock 17

I have the factory "-" connectors in all my Glock pistols and I love it.

However, think about your needs in a SD situation. If you are full of adrenaline in a serious life-threatening situation, then a sensitive target trigger is not what you want. You want it heavy so you can still control it safely even while you are shaking like a wet dog and your fine control over your index finger has diminished. Lots of people have advocated going even heavier than standard, hence the existence of the NY-1 and NY-2 trigger springs.

I would rate the standard factory trigger as about the best compromise between a heavy SD trigger and controllable range trigger. You just have to train your trigger finger to control it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I have the factory "-" connectors in all my Glock pistols and I love it.

However, think about your needs in a SD situation. If you are full of adrenaline in a serious life-threatening situation, then a sensitive target trigger is not what you want. You want it heavy so you can still control it safely even while you are shaking like a wet dog and your fine control over your index finger has diminished. Lots of people have advocated going even heavier than standard, hence the existence of the NY-1 and NY-2 trigger springs.

I would rate the standard factory trigger as about the best compromise between a heavy SD trigger and controllable range trigger. You just have to train your trigger finger to control it properly.
    I hear you, it's just that I have an early Gen 4 and they are notorious for having a bad trigger. The guy at City Guns felt the trigger and reckons I should replace it with a Gen 3 trigger. I decided to go with OEM parts and not Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I hear you, it's just that I have an early Gen 4 and they are notorious for having a bad trigger. The guy at City Guns felt the trigger and reckons I should replace it with a Gen 3 trigger. I decided to go with OEM parts and not Apex.
    My early Gen 4, 19 was unusable after about 50 shots. Minus connector and smooth Gen 4 trigger fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    My early Gen 4, 19 was unusable after about 50 shots. Minus connector and smooth Gen 4 trigger fixed it.
    Where did you buy your Gen 4 trigger?

Where did you buy your Gen 4 trigger?
    Bernhard Agencies.

Bernhard Agencies.
    What made you go for a newer Gen 4 over a Gen 3 trigger?

What made you go for a newer Gen 4 over a Gen 3 trigger?
    I bought the Gen 3 but felt that the Gen 4 with the bump gave better engagement with the firing pin safety. There is a debate over this but Glock in their wisdom thought it a worthwhile addition. Reliability above all else.

User

Default Re: Which Connector To Buy For Glock 19 EDC and Glock 17

My EDC G19.4 is a newer gun and the stock trigger plus 5k rounds was fine, where my G17.4 was an older gun and the minus connector plus gen3 trigger bar were a worthwhile improvement in my eyes, and only got better after about 9k rounds

I wouldn't avoid an apex connector like I would ZEV but I have new gen5 guns on the way in both sizes and don't feel the need to mess there as none are my primary sporting pistol

I bought the Gen 3 but felt that the Gen 4 with the bump gave better engagement with the firing pin safety. There is a debate over this but Glock in their wisdom thought it a worthwhile addition. Reliability above all else.
    I just checked and they removed the bump in the Gen 5, so i think I will go with the Gen 3. Will put sufficient rounds through it to ensure reliability though.

I just checked and they removed the bump in the Gen 5, so i think I will go with the Gen 3. Will put sufficient rounds through it to ensure reliability though.
    Gen 5 VS 4 firing pin safety differ; 5 is wider

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast