Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Scammer on Gunafrica

I just became the victim I thought I would never become. I am trying to find a scammer that advertises real bargains on Gunafrica. It is a very well spoken young man fluent in Afrikaans and English. He does not answer a phone but will leave voice messages on WhatsApp. Takes an imali or other payment to a cell phone and sends you a false ID of one of his previous victims. After payment he promises to immediately take your package to postnet and his whatsapp stops dead at the same minute. Phone still rings afterwards but he just kills the call. In my case I sent him my own ID so my ID will probably be used in his next scam. He changes phone numbers quickly and was using the name James as advertiser on Gunafrica when I paid him for a riflescope advertised day before yesterday. If you had similar experiences I would appreciate it if you have numbers or names that might be helpful to try and sort this sorry excuse for a human being out. I made a case for theft under false pretenses today, case number is CAS 467/4/2021 at the Kuilsriver Police station.

User

Default Re: Scammer on Gunafrica

There have unfortunately been a few others in your predicament too.

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...0922-Fraudster

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?97183-Scamster-on-Gunafrica-Michael-Hans-Torsein&highlight=Gunafrica+scammer

User

A big tell is that there is never a email address with his ads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post

Thanks a lot fire-stick, I must learn to do a decent search, those will be very helpful. I recognize the exact same way of operating in the posts from the sites you mentioned, I will contact the other guys that had dealings with this lowlife.

User

A big tell tale sign is when they ask for e-wallets etc.

There is no more real bargains out there. Unless you meet someone face to face.

With internet. People/Sellers google to see the worth of their items and then advertise it.

So the prices that are to good to be true. Are so good you will never see your money again.

User

Thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

User

Always pay into a bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by aroba View Post
    A big tell is that there is never a email address with his ads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aroba can you please send me your contact details? I am zeroseven9eightdoublenine37six3

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    There is no more real bargains out there. Unless you meet someone face to face.

With internet. People/Sellers google to see the worth of their items and then advertise it.

So the prices that are to good to be true. Are so good you will never see your money again.
    It is actually funny that way. I always tell others that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Now I get caught not listening to my own advice.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast