Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which RDS for AR?

My license for my S&W M&P 15 Sport has been approved. It's the optics ready version so I need to obtain some sort of a sight. My biggest problem is the range and pricing of what is available. Had a look at the Vortex Strikefire and it looks good, other options are the Vector range but it seems like garbage and is much more expensive locally than international. Are UTG dot sights suitable for an AR?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Which RDS for AR?

Following. No need for me to create the same thread a few months down the line.

I looked at the Sig Romeo 5, it is well prices overseas but havent seen them often in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaBeeR View Post
    Following. No need for me to create the same thread a few months down the line.

I looked at the Sig Romeo 5, it is well prices overseas but havent seen them often in SA.
    I've also looked at the Sig range and they do seem good value and sturdy. Tactical HQ sometimes have some Sig's in stock.

I might want to add a magnifier later, not sure uf different brands are compatible?

User

Ask Gerrit-Jan at Hailstorm for some advice. He’ll get you on track.

User

What is your budget? That will give some indication as to what to recommend.

One of the better RDS sights so go for is the Aimpoinr H1 or T1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

If your pile of Rands is tall enough, I'd go with Aimpoint. However Holosun is an excellent option since I haven't been able to break mine and they are very good quality with long battery life.

Which model is for you depends on your preference on the size of the RDS and the fact that do you see the dot as a 'dot' or twisted to a shape of a banana or does it look like an exploding star which is a problem with the smaller ones if you have astigmatism in your eyes like I do. If that's the case, I'd go with the larger versions which don't have this same problem or it's not as pronounced. The magnifier makes this problem even worse since now you see a big banana.

This said, you might want to look through several versions at a gun store or ask a friend for a testing session.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    What is your budget? That will give some indication as to what to recommend.

One of the better RDS sights so go for is the Aimpoinr H1 or T1.

While I do believe in buy once cry once, I think 5k is my max.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    If your pile of Rands is tall enough, I'd go with Aimpoint. However Holosun is an excellent option since I haven't been able to break mine and they are very good quality with long battery life.

Which model is for you depends on your preference on the size of the RDS and the fact that do you see the dot as a 'dot' or twisted to a shape of a banana or does it look like an exploding star which is a problem with the smaller ones if you have astigmatism in your eyes like I do. If that's the case, I'd go with the larger versions which don't have this same problem or it's not as pronounced. The magnifier makes this problem even worse since now you see a big banana.

This said, you might want to look through several versions at a gun store or ask a friend for a testing session.
    Thanks for this, will definitely test different ones before making a decision. Also had a look at the Holosun and they do seem good value for money.

I have a Romeo 5 on my AR for the past couple of years and, except for the shit riser it comes with, haven't had any issues.

The riser will eventually break if you shoot the AR enough due to the way the screw is located (you can Google this) I bought a DD riser and that pairing has never given me any trouble.

User

Default Which RDS for AR?

At R8k for the the H1 or R7k for the Acro the Aimpoint is a no brainer. The Holosun is not bad either but not much cheaper.

https://safarioutdoor.co.za/catalogs...lt/?q=Aimpoint

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast