Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    Default Re: New sights for CZ P-07 G2

    Doesn't fiber only work in the day though, so would not be good for EDC at night?

  2. #12
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The moral high-ground
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,471

    Default Re: New sights for CZ P-07 G2

    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Doesn't fiber only work in the day though, so would not be good for EDC at night?
    Most self luminous sights work no better than fibre sights, white dot sights or plain black sights for that matter at night... in typical night time conditions where there is ambient light from street lamps / passing vehicle headlights / or other sources of light (people with torches / the light in your driveway etc.)

    Don't just believe me test for yourself. Stop in your driveway at night and immediately pull out a gun with night sights and then see how long you take to find a spot dark enough to see the glow of the sights / or how long your eyes adapt from seeing the illuminated area in front of your vehicle to scanning the non illuminated area next to the car so that your eyes can actually see the sights glow.

    Or stand in a pitch black room inside your house so dark that you cannot see / identify a person in front of you. Those dots are going to be beautiful but you wont know if you are in the room alone or not. Then switch on a torch or lamp to illuminate the threat area and see if you can still see the glow of the sights...

    Some other people may have different experiences with night sights, but I have given up on them. And I used to be a big proponent. Money spent on a torch is better value in my opinion.

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    port elizabeth
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,429

    Default Re: New sights for CZ P-07 G2

    I blacked out my back sight dots and inserted a green fiber front sight.
    This is my edc and i havent had an issue [4 years of use]
    I found that the green works better than red or orange for my eyes.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Most self luminous sights work no better than fibre sights, white dot sights or plain black sights for that matter at night... in typical night time conditions where there is ambient light from street lamps / passing vehicle headlights / or other sources of light (people with torches / the light in your driveway etc.)

    Don't just believe me test for yourself. Stop in your driveway at night and immediately pull out a gun with night sights and then see how long you take to find a spot dark enough to see the glow of the sights / or how long your eyes adapt from seeing the illuminated area in front of your vehicle to scanning the non illuminated area next to the car so that your eyes can actually see the sights glow.

    Or stand in a pitch black room inside your house so dark that you cannot see / identify a person in front of you. Those dots are going to be beautiful but you wont know if you are in the room alone or not. Then switch on a torch or lamp to illuminate the threat area and see if you can still see the glow of the sights...

    Some other people may have different experiences with night sights, but I have given up on them. And I used to be a big proponent. Money spent on a torch is better value in my opinion.
    Very interesting. What's your take on the TruGlo TFOs supposed to be the best of both worlds. I'm dipping my toes into the world of new sights for my G19.

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The moral high-ground
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,471

    Default Re: New sights for CZ P-07 G2

    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Very interesting. What's your take on the TruGlo TFOs supposed to be the best of both worlds. I'm dipping my toes into the world of new sights for my G19.
    Those are the ones with a tritium vial in front of a fibre tube I think. My exposure is limited to reading the adverts... (The pictures looked nice)

    My common sense tells me that the light coming through the fibre tube in total darkness can only be as bright as the tritium. The tube will not amplify it. and in bright light one will have the equivalent of a fibre dot. Perhaps in transitional light conditions when there is some glow from the tritium as well as some ambient light redirected by the tube they will be better than either fibre or plain tritium, but I suspect not by much.

    As much as it pains me to say it the only thing that will work as it should in all light / no light conditions is probably a RDS.

  6. #16

    Default Re: New sights for CZ P-07 G2

    Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Those are the ones with a tritium vial in front of a fibre tube I think. My exposure is limited to reading the adverts... (The pictures looked nice)

    My common sense tells me that the light coming through the fibre tube in total darkness can only be as bright as the tritium. The tube will not amplify it. and in bright light one will have the equivalent of a fibre dot. Perhaps in transitional light conditions when there is some glow from the tritium as well as some ambient light redirected by the tube they will be better than either fibre or plain tritium, but I suspect not by much.

    As much as it pains me to say it the only thing that will work as it should in all light / no light conditions is probably a RDS.
    Just checked now and they have an updated version, the TFX. They are not cheap. Seems the tritium is at the back of the fibre.

    It's worth checking out I think, gonna do the usual Youtube on them and check them out in store.

    I don't like the U shaped gap in the one below, prefer the straight lines as well as the one with the white outline on the front post.



  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The moral high-ground
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,471

    Default Re: New sights for CZ P-07 G2

    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I don't like the U shaped gap in the one below, prefer the straight lines as well as the one with the white outline on the front post.
    The white outline front would make more sense (white is easier to see in low light than red) For me the U shape rear aperture is a plus. The human eye is extremely adept at centring a dot inside a circle (more so than a square). That U shape assists your eye in putting the front dot exactly where it needs to go... and fast. Just like Trijicon HD's. (My wife has a set of HD's on her G26)

    Even RHT rear sights have rounded corners inside the aperture. It helps your eye... Garry (some or other US cop) got Novak to make their rear sights with a large half circle aperture called the "half ghost" site or something. For a gun where quick shooting is required these make sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •