Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default New sights for CZ P-07 G2

Good afternoon all,

I would like some advise or comments on new sites for my P-07.

One of my rear dots also fell out a while ago and since then I've just blacked out the other one. I it's not gone half bad using it like that, but I've been saving up to replace the factory sights with something better, but I cannot decide what to get.

I've read this article(SIGHT BASICS) plus a few others and watched some videos but I'm still not able to make up my mind, so perhaps some outside perspective is needed.

I might also not be looking everywhere so if there are any recommendations I would appreciate it.

So far its between jizni's Fibre or Fibre optic front sights and then blacking out my sights properly or their Dawson Tritium / Tritium Carry Set.

The FA is mainly carried for SD but I would like to use it a bit more for sport down the line.

As mentioned before any alternative ideas would be welcome and reviews on these just as much.

User

Default Re: New sights for CZ P-07 G2

I helped a friend fit Jizny fibre sights to his P07. (Plain black rear and a Fibre front). He couldn't be happier. It is a really good setup.

If I had a P07 myself I would install the exact same thing.

On my CZ75 I also have a plain black rear and fibre front I got from Jizny. (I think its EEMAN TECH or somesuch)

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I helped a friend fit Jizny fibre sights to his P07. (Plain black rear and a Fibre front). He couldn't be happier. It is a really good setup.

If I had a P07 myself I would install the exact same thing.

On my CZ75 I also have a plain black rear and fibre front I got from Jizny. (I think its EEMAN TECH or somesuch)
    Thank you very much M43, i appreciate your input.
    I think I must go to a local gunshop and compare all the options again.

User

Just as an extra. At an IPSC club shoot today I got to play a little with someone else's P09 with a Jizny supplied plain black rear sight / fibre front combo.

I think I may have found my next gun...

User

Just as an extra. At an IPSC club shoot today I got to play a little with someone else's P09 with a Jizny supplied plain black rear sight / fibre front combo.

Hi M43, thank you very much for the extra input, I really appreciate it.

Can the front fibre sights survive EDC ?
    Heard the fibre piece breaks easy, hence why they sell them separately in bulk lengths
    I have no experience with them but curious

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Heard the fibre piece breaks easy, hence why they sell them separately in bulk lengths
    I have no experience with them but curious
    I wouldn't say they break easily. If you install it correctly they last last many years. But I don't do funny moves like cocking the gun on my belt or shoes.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Fibers are a consumable, but a lost fiber leaves you no worse off than a sight without a fiber in the first place.

I've seen the sights self break when knocked against something, which could leave you with no sight picture at all. (Dawson makes a nice front sight that eliminates the weak spots at the cost of some brightness, if you are concerned about that.)

I don't think it is an issue, though. Darkness is a more common occurrence than sights breaking and despite that, there is still a strong case to be made for carrying fibers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Mine does. I have black rear / fibre front sights on all my guns. I have had fibre front sight on my EDC G19 for 4 + years now. I think I replaced the little fibre tube twice in that time. And as Marius says. Even without the fibre tube you still have sights.

And just because I have to... there is no such thing as a "fibre optic sight" if we want to be technically correct.
    The thing that goes in a sight on a firearm is a light conductive filament. All the light entering the sides exit the ends in an almost linear way. Causing the tips (both sides) to seem to glow. They don't glow; they re-direct light.

Real fibre optic is a hollow glass tube as thick as a human hair (bunched together in sets of six in different types of fibre optic cable - 12FO, 24FO, 48FO 72FO all the way up...). Light is sent down the inside of the tube and merrily bounces down the tube until it gets converted into data enabling you to watch all kinds of interesting things on your PC. (Light NEVER travels "in" the glass / material as is the case with a light conductive filament, it travels inside the hollow tube like water flowing through a pipe)

User

I have a Jizni fibre front sight on my P09, still the original rear sight though which I blacked out- works wonderfully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast