Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Help With Maverick 88

City Guns have a new website up and I think they have a set of screws that will work in the Maverick if you tap the front. My Maverick was tapped at the front when I bought it.

The problem with attaching the sling to the magazine endcap is that it can allow a sling to swing up in front of a muzzle when you raise the gun.

I ran a paracord loop for a while which worked fine. I then used a Blue Force Gear wire loop.

On the back I ran a Viking Tactics sling adapter which puts the D ring on the top of the rear of the stock. That way the gun stays upright when you hang it on the sling.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

I purchased a NcSTAR ShotGun Rails & Bayonet Mount, it has two rails for light and laser and a sling stud. I bought mine from Blades & Triggers for R355 but it seems I bought the last one. The bayonet feature is way too gimmicky so I would just ignore that, but for the other features from the reviews I've read it seems to function well.

https://randstraders.co.za/product/n...500-mshbaymos/

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    The problem with attaching the sling to the magazine endcap is that it can allow a sling to swing up in front of a muzzle when you raise the gun.

I ran a paracord loop for a while which worked fine. I then used a Blue Force Gear wire loop.

On the back I ran a Viking Tactics sling adapter which puts the D ring on the top of the rear of the stock. That way the gun stays upright when you hang it on the sling.
    We have had no indication yet that the end-cap sits close to the muzzle. Most Maverick 88's have a short (5 round) mag tube and 18" barrel. This causes the barrel to protrude about 4" past the end cap. I see no safety issue here. I also see no other options, as there is no free section of the mag tube in front of the pump handle to clamp anything on to.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    We have had no indication yet that the end-cap sits close to the muzzle. Most Maverick 88's have a short (5 round) mag tube and 18" barrel. This causes the barrel to protrude about 4" past the end cap. I see no safety issue here. I also see no other options, as there is no free section of the mag tube in front of the pump handle to clamp anything on to.
    Do we know what kind of Maverick 88 the OP has as he has gone quiet. I have the 7 round one with plenty of space for something to clamp on hence my recommendation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Do we know what kind of Maverick 88 the OP has as he has gone quiet. I have the 7 round one with plenty of space for something to clamp on hence my recommendation.
    Sorry guys for going quiet,just been a bit busy. I have made a plan of sorts. Buddy printed a clamp for the light and so far seems quite solid. Got a swivel set but just need to collect the proper attachment for the mag tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2