Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Tough guys - Image and reality.

Yup, that seems fair, C762

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    Wrt to the passenger:

I do feel for him. Either he has not been trained properly (Budget) was chosen because he was cost effective (Budget) and or he is the new guy and the Team Leader chose to rather have him close during the op. (Its what I have done on an op and you get a new team member)

Speculation on my part, but I would go easy on him unless it can be proven that he was experienced/trained for his job etc. No one really knows how they will react the first time and possibly he has a good future ahead of him if he sticks to his career choice?

Who knows.....
    He did display good trigger finger discipline, I give him credit for that. Imagine a 5.56 going off in that small cabin....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    I keep seeing the passenger getting flak for doing nothing.

I'm interested in what the critics think he should have done differently?
    Be active. If not knowing how, by asking "what can I do?" When in doubt, ask. Don't just freeze and become useless ballast.

He could've been active on eyeballing the surroundings and keeping the driver aware of the whereabouts of the attackers, contact a support team, sing a song or write a sonnet. Something else but not sitting there totally frozen. Being active gives your parter a feeling that he's not alone, that he actually does have a partner helping him.

What happened when the car was stuck? The driver knew at this point he is in fact dealing with the situation alone and bluntly left the vehicle with most of the firepower, which in his part was a mistake: one should give commands to people with no initiative like EXIT-EXIT-EXIT AND ENGAGE! or whatever the SOP is, if there's not any, just make something up but give an order that can be executed.

I can see that the passenger was an untrained person who had given a pistol and place to sit in, for this the blame is on the employer plus his mindset wasn't probably on par with the challenges of that situation. A dude with a gun is not a security professional.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Be active. If not knowing how, by asking "what can I do?" When in doubt, ask. Don't just freeze and become useless ballast.

He could've been active on eyeballing the surroundings and keeping the driver aware of the whereabouts of the attackers, contact a support team, sing a song or write a sonnet. Something else but not sitting there totally frozen. Being active gives your parter a feeling that he's not alone, that he actually does have a partner helping him.

What happened when the car was stuck? The driver knew at this point he is in fact dealing with the situation alone and bluntly left the vehicle with most of the firepower, which in his part was a mistake: one should give commands to people with no initiative like EXIT-EXIT-EXIT AND ENGAGE! or whatever the SOP is, if there's not any, just make something up but give an order that can be executed.

I can see that the passenger was an untrained person who had given a pistol and place to sit in, for this the blame is on the employer plus his mindset wasn't probably on par with the challenges of that situation. A dude with a gun is not a security professional.
    I think we have seen the 2 poles of our private security industry being displayed here: One trained professional with nerves of steel and one guy with a uniform and a gun, wondering what the heck just happened..

User

ENCA interviewed both, for those that want to have a look on Youtube. Apparently the passenger only had 4 days on the job, before the event transpired.

4 days on the job, what a start! I think we can cut him some slack, anyway, for sure he’s now better trained than he was before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imagine how badass Robbie and josh must be if he wanted to called them as backup

User

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    Imagine how badass Robbie and josh must be if he wanted to called them as backup
    Naa Robbie and Josh are just buddies of his. He just wanted them to know he was going to be a bit late for drinks

But on that subject, if this is who transports mobile phones imagine who they have to transport cash

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    ENCA interviewed both, for those that want to have a look on Youtube. Apparently the passenger only had 4 days on the job, before the event transpired.
    "[COLOR=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Guards recall armed attack"[/COLOR]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    He did display good trigger finger discipline, I give him credit for that. Imagine a 5.56 going off in that small cabin....
    100% agreed.... and with bullet-proof glass all around, the chances of one of them being injured by an AD/ricochet would have been fairly high!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast