Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Tough guys - Image and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    What I really don't understand about the whole scene is the communication? A cellphone? Huh? How can these gents operate on cell phones with all the technology available today. With the push of a panic button on the steering wheel for instance a distress signal, location, speed of vehicle, surround camera images etc can be sent to a control room immediately. Not even a radio used? I am not impressed with the communications equipment provided by the security company in this video. If SAPS or other back up can be sent out immediately it can maybe save the life of another security guard and/or bystander who also has a family. Seconds count in their line of work.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    100% my thoughts, from first viewing on, like the big question.
    Its like all pro and professional etc with the absolute ground level basics not applied.
    Surely I am wrong here, what are we missing - this is surely not how they do it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    What I really don't understand about the whole scene is the communication? A cellphone? Huh? How can these gents operate on cell phones with all the technology available today. With the push of a panic button on the steering wheel for instance a distress signal, location, speed of vehicle, surround camera images etc can be sent to a control room immediately. Not even a radio used? I am not impressed with the communications equipment provided by the security company in this video. If SAPS or other back up can be sent out immediately it can maybe save the life of another security guard and/or bystander who also has a family. Seconds count in their line of work.
    Yes, their comms are totally inadequate. We get so used to doing everything by cellphone, that we tend to regard that as sufficient. Well, it isn't. A proper radio would have been much more effective in this situation. Radios are not without issues either, but these can also be sorted.

We can safely assume that these guys had a signal jammer in one of their vehicles, for the exact purpose of preventing any communication between the 2 vehicles and any external entities. How effective a radio would have been in breaking through the jamming is something I don't know. I do however suspect a 25W output vehicle-mounted radio should work better than a cell phone.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Where was the gunship?
    ?

Or don't they have this backup?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    ?

Or don't they have this backup?
    They were the backup.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 264WinMag View Post
    Makes me think of the guy with glasses in Sicario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The guy with glasses in Sicario was ex Delta Force.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Matt Graver : It's a nice day for a drive, huh?
    Steve Forsing : Ah, beautiful day. Blue skies, large caliber weapons. I love getting out of the office.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Nope, the guy with the glasses in Sicario is an actor.
    Chances are high he was that kid in school that did drama and sang in the choir.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

I keep seeing the passenger getting flak for doing nothing.

I'm interested in what the critics think he should have done differently?

Sure making the phone call to Robbie would have been great but other than going along for the ride, I'm not sure what else they could do.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    I keep seeing the passenger getting flak for doing nothing.

I'm interested in what the critics think he should have done differently?

Sure making the phone call to Robbie would have been great but other than going along for the ride, I'm not sure what else they could do.
    He just seemed to be totally uncertain about what to do (which, to be fair to him, I can understand given the circumstances). That said, I don't think that it made much logical sense for him to cock the Glock (and sweep himself and the driver with it) and then cock the AR (and attempt to pass this to the driver while the driver was still driving the vehicle... and while still holding the cocked Glock in his other hand).

I guess it is always difficult to know how one would react in such a situation, but I would have imagined that Leo would have appreciated the passenger being far more proactive, instead of reactive (and trying to make/making the necessary calls earlier and without needing to be asked to do so etc).

Yup, I know... I will probably be criticised for stating the above from the comfort of my armchair... but these are just my observations (and well done to both gents, especially to Leo).

Wrt to the passenger:

I do feel for him. Either he has not been trained properly (Budget) was chosen because he was cost effective (Budget) and or he is the new guy and the Team Leader chose to rather have him close during the op. (Its what I have done on an op and you get a new team member)

Speculation on my part, but I would go easy on him unless it can be proven that he was experienced/trained for his job etc. No one really knows how they will react the first time and possibly he has a good future ahead of him if he sticks to his career choice?

Who knows.....
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast