Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Firearms Amendment Bill of 2021

I am now really glad my surname is not Kirsten and my wife's name Adele. Ranting and all other terrible emotions in that household tonight.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I am now really glad my surname is not Kirsten and my wife's name Adele. Ranting and all other terrible emotions in that household tonight.
    nah... they'll just regroup and come on stronger. the worst thing the collective "we" can do now, is to sit back and relax. this isn't over. it has just begun, and we've a had a peek at their cards. that doesn't give us the advantage, it just lessens the disadvantage: "we" don't play with hidden agendas, we only have the facts on our side and facts are (sadly) often trumped by irrational discourse.

User

Well done Paul, Gideon et-al.
    We must never take the little wins for granted - they come from hard work - and we must continue to wear them out to the point that they give up, while we KNOW (and they will come to know) that we will never give up!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Guys, thanks, but this was a massive team effort.

GOSA may have led the fight (or was certainly one of the first to pick up cudgels) but we relied heavily on the civil society organisations like Dear SA, the Institute for Race Relations, and the DA. This was a victory for civil society in general, and firearm owners in particular. Well done all.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Well done Paul, Gideon et-al.
    We must never take the little wins for granted - they come from hard work - and we must continue to wear them out to the point that they give up, while we KNOW (and they will come to know) that we will never give up!
    100%

my post above was not meant to belittle the effort done, and I apologize if it came off over like that.

however, I very strongly believe the fight is not over.

User

Good to know my Email was not in vain. Also lost friends campaigning to get others on board. People thought I went crazy.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Good to know my Email was not in vain. Also lost friends campaigning to get others on board. People thought I went crazy.
    I might sound like a doos, but if you lost friends campaigning to ensure the safety of your loved ones, yourself and your immediate community... Those people were probably never really your friends to begin with, unless I am just a bit skeptical and have a general distrust and like towards people who always believe things will just sommer turn out "okay" without their input.

And for some reason I've found those are the same people who also don't vote and yet they complain the most.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I might sound like a doos, but if you lost friends campaigning to ensure the safety of your loved ones, yourself and your immediate community... Those people were probably never really your friends to begin with, unless I am just a bit skeptical and have a general distrust and like towards people who always believe things will just sommer turn out "okay" without their input.

And for some reason I've found those are the same people who also don't vote and yet they complain the most.
    You have wisdom well beyond your age!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    100%

my post above was not meant to belittle the effort done, and I apologize if it came off over like that.

however, I very strongly believe the fight is not over.
    Agreed: Not over by a long shot.

At this stage I would say the government and their supporters are throwing all the punches, and for the most part the Firearms and civil society are putting up one or two good blocks.

What's the mantra: "Three steps forward, one step back"

Wonder what the Anti's have for their next move?
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77