Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Default Re: Firearms Amendment Bill of 2021

Anyone still think owning guns should be a privilege and not a right. As you see if they are a privilege they can do anything they want and you just have to take it up the ass.

Guys how are we going to fight this. we need to get organised

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper103 View Post
    Guys how are we going to fight this. we need to get organised
    Join GOSA.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    that little clause that makes you unable to carry a S15/16 firearm as an EDC .

Nyt Ryda which part is referring to that? That would effectively kill off the two is one and one is none rule and I know a few people who would be screwed over by that!

User

So, the way I see it is: Government can administer, or handle, through the underfunded and underpowered CFR, all the license admin, so "lets just make it more difficult" and the workload will become less..... thats how they think

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Nyt Ryda which part is referring to that? That would effectively kill off the two is one and one is none rule and I know a few people who would be screwed over by that!
    That was a guess I think? and I dont think that the S16/S15 for Self defense is as big of an issue as we think it is for the government, I doubt that they even know that people carry S16/S15 licenses...

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    In the draft act of 2018, they deleted the sections where it said that "A firearm in respect of which a license has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose".

That clause formed the basis of the legal opinion that you could carry a S15/16 firearm for self defense.

Let's see what happens. It was clear in the last draft that those in charge don't want people owning firearms for self defense, and they especially don't want people carrying them for self defense either.

are they fighting it though I just went onto there website and can fined nothing about it

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper103 View Post
    are they fighting it though I just went onto there website and can fined nothing about it
    Parliament only approved the release of it. It hasn't actually been released, we have to wait and see what it says before we can fight it.

User

As mentioned elsewhere, according to this writing, they are attacking silencers: https://www.gov.za/sites/default/fil...409/285450.pdf

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast