Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: CFR is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Correct, although inefficient somehow functional and explains the inconsistencies in lead times. The guys who wait 12 months plus are the ones who are at the bottom of a new pile and that one sits pretty for 3 months before receiving attention and then another 3 months to get to the bottom of things, add 3 more if the pile gets a pile next to it which is closer to the IT infrastructure (or the lack thereof).
    Yeah it wouldn't take much to arrange the apps by date received rather than just throwing the next app on top of the pile.

User

Default Re: CFR is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by furpile View Post
    It is not difficult to predict that the system will collapse under the amount of paperwork at some point.
    At this rate, the building might collapse first!

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk
    The building or the economy - bets starts here today.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    Maybe why they have finally decided that the building is no longer safe and a quick plan is needed...
    The concrete columns in the basement are bending and buckling under the weight from the reams of paper in the building above...

User

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/mps-demand-modernised-central-firearm-registry-20210517

"MPs demand modernised Central Firearm Registry"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Maybe why they have finally decided that the building is no longer safe and a quick plan is needed...
    The concrete columns in the basement are bending and buckling under the weight from the reams of paper in the building above...
    If the building collapses and these records are lost, are we then having a repeat of few years ago where GREEN records burnt down (or something that made them missing) and then we will get YELLOW cards (where the white cards becomes the new green cards)?
    The whole cycle can then start from afresh again (almost like The Matrix, or maybe rather Groundhog Day).

User

I handed in 7 section 16 apps in sept/oct and they were all approved in the last month, I was a bit miffed that it took 6 months to get approved, after seeing the pics of the cfr offices i'm surprised they all made it through.

User

Seeing those pics, I wonder how many apps they actually read? I've always thought they work on a ratio system. I.e. they read one app, rubber stamp 3 and casually decline 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Seeing those pics, I wonder how many apps they actually read? I've always thought they work on a ratio system. I.e. they read one app, rubber stamp 3 and casually decline 2.
    Classic

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4