Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CFR is a mess

Default Re: CFR is a mess

I'm hoping to hand in my next competency applications at the end of this month. Not looking very positive about things at the CFR

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

At least now we know why apps take so long.

It takes a huge amount of time and skill to pack all those apps so neatly without risk of falling over, God help us someone opens a window to let in some fresh air

User

After weekly phone call to my DFO, I finally received my S13 renewal card last week.
    Lightning quick process...
    Only took 19 months from handing in renewal to receiving card.
    The only positive I can take is thank goodness they don't use the post office to mail the cards to us, otherwise I would have another three months to wait....
    The machine , she is broken...

User

Another article, which contains more shocking pics:

https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...lding-20210517

Cops have taken the computers home to play Solitaire and Tetris.... Also this so called "modernisation" of the process, I suppose that's going to take another 10 years if we lucky.

Well according to the article a bid has been put out to computerise the application process for renewals to be done online, not sure about new applications as it doesn't say. Hopefully the bidding process doesn't take too long and they get someone competent and not a buddy. If this actually comes into effect it would be a huge step forward.

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

Gentleman
    Lets take a step back here and look at this realistically.
    Why now all of a sudden a visit from various MP's to cfr? IIRC the last visit to cfr was when the building was declared unfit for use, also round about the same time a certain bill for changes was about to be introduced. Is it really to improve matters or rather to cover themselves for total failure on their part.

Surely if this is the state of affairs at cfr all the time we would wait years for licenses given all those apps and the lack of a proper system/process, I think cfr is playing a shift the focus game to avert the flack they getting(e.g article about 120k licenses backlog)from their inability to do their job by crying dire circumstances and a broken building.

So dont blame us for taking long with apps, look at where we work, how much work we have and how little resources we have, so its not our fault we cant deliver.

Im of the opinion this is just more tactics out of their Pandora's box

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Well according to the article a bid has been put out to computerise the application process for renewals to be done online, not sure about new applications as it doesn't say. Hopefully the bidding process doesn't take too long and they get someone competent and not a buddy. If this actually comes into effect it would be a huge step forward.
    The RFP closed last week. According to the timelines the system needs to be operational by Nov 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Dukren View Post
    The RFP closed last week. According to the timelines the system needs to be operational by Nov 2023
    O my donner, here's me thinking in months not years.....

User

I see mass declines in the future.

That's an easy way to clear the backlog

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast