Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Game meat processing in Centurion/Pretoria area?

I don’t believe these places give much of a shit.

I once painstakingly cut up the meat from 3 blesbok carcasses to ensure minimal sinew, no bone, etc, for processing. So I gave them around 30kg of clean meat.

Went to collect my product, and on opening it at home I was presented with my processed meat, as well as 2 packets of organs. How they managed to drive back to the free state and go find the organs on the farm where I left them a week before, no one knows.

So I definitely did NOT get my meat back.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I don’t believe these places give much of a shit.

I once painstakingly cut up the meat from 3 blesbok carcasses to ensure minimal sinew, no bone, etc, for processing. So I gave them around 30kg of clean meat.

Went to collect my product, and on opening it at home I was presented with my processed meat, as well as 2 packets of organs. How they managed to drive back to the free state and go find the organs on the farm where I left them a week before, no one knows.

So I definitely did NOT get my meat back.
    I don’t know how we can but must give it some thought on how to ensure that the quantity of venison handed in for processing is not lost in any way. We really at the mercy. The whole hunting process is not cheap anymore. I am liking the idea of the cleaned meat scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Parma View Post
    I don’t know how we can but must give it some thought on how to ensure that the quantity of venison handed in for processing is not lost in any way. We really at the mercy. The whole hunting process is not cheap anymore. I am liking the idea of the cleaned meat scenario.

I have also found that our expectations are normally a part of the issue as well.

We hunt and pay per kg here in our area, so you have a weight in your head when you drop the animal off.

But there are items we don’t take into consideration.

1. Our weight normally has the skin on. The skin is anywhere close to 12%
    2. Warm weight to cold is another 3%
    3. Every day that it hangs another small percentage
    4. And we then have bullet damage as well

At the end with the bones out the actual amount is far removed from what I had in my head.

What SkaapHaas did is probably the best approach. But even he had a bugger up.

Expensive pas time we have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3