Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Game meat processing in Centurion/Pretoria area?

I've used Bronberrick Meat Market, have not had a bad experience but have not used them recently.

Did not know Hokaai did game processing, I do enjoy their meat products so will definitely consider them next time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stef1274 View Post
    Hi Desolwage. Did you already get this done? What is your review? I'm also planning the same, in Centurion. Thanks
    Hi. Yes, I've taken my first batch there. Happy with the quality and the packaging. Haven't dried anything yet - about to hang up some dry wors - so will comment on the taste afterwards.
    Just a word of warning - I would strongly urge you to weigh all your returned product to reconcile with the weight you hand in. I handed in 136kg and got 97kg back. Not my first rodeo, so to say, so I went back and queried it and only then they managed to find the other 36kg with my name on it!

User

Default Game meat processing in Centurion/Pretoria area?

Took my Kudu and BWB two weeks ago to Hokaai Cent after reading great reviews on this chat. Not impressed. Should have gone to Wildshoekie like i usually do. Contacted them before my post still trying to get a response. Used them because they are closer to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I use Buck and Bull in Moreletta, very happy with them. They make awesome braai wors not to mention biltong and drywors

https://www.facebook.com/TheBuckAndBull/

And they are open on Sunday afternoons to receive meat.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Parma View Post
    Took my Kudu and BWB two weeks ago to Hokaai Cent after reading great reviews on this chat. Not impressed. Should have gone to Wildshoekie like i usually do. Contacted them before my post still trying to get a response. Used them because they are closer to home.

What was wrong with your meat? Why not impressed?

User

Default Game meat processing in Centurion/Pretoria area?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    My meat was not labeled and some of the poly tray packaged meat was torn/open. I paid good money to process.

User

Hi,

I went hunting three weeks back and shot 6 Impalas. I currently do not have the facilities and time to of done it myself. I tasted some Impala drywors from a guy named Carel and loved it. Took all six to their Butchery (Serene Butchery) in Silverton Pretoria, a bit out of my way as I am in Johannesburg. It was well worth it however. Drywors and biltong came out great. Their prices are very reasonable. would highly recommend.

https://serene-butchery.business.site/

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dementorium View Post
    Hi,
    Their prices are very reasonable. would highly recommend.
    https://serene-butchery.business.site/
    Hi. I'm interested to know what prices people are paying per kg (average) please? Reasonable is relative. 🙃.
    Thanks!

User

Quote Originally Posted by desolwage View Post
    Hi. I'm interested to know what prices people are paying per kg (average) please? Reasonable is relative. .
    Thanks!
    Was in the region of R2500 for six impalas. So around R22.5 per Kg (Vast majority delicious drywors).

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    I must admit, I'm not 100% satisfied with Hokaai either. Been there twice now (also because they are close to home) and been disappointed both times. First time, they conveniently forgot to give me 35 kg of my processed meat back. I had to go back and question them after weighing everything when I got home. Only then did they magically find the balance of my product. Second time was better, in that I got the right weight of product back, but I'm concerned that I haven't received what I asked for. For example, I asked for chilli sticks and got what seems to be CHUTNEY sticks instead. Also don't think I got all my fillets back, and also don't appear to have the right ratio of biltong to dry wors to mince/boerewors that I requested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast