Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Renewal question.

Hi all,

As we all know CFR is on death's door and most of the processing of apps have grinded to a halt.

My wife did her renewal for her S13 in the 90 day period and has her receipt of renewal with her license that she keeps with her.

Is it then fair to say that little slip can keep her license valid whilst they process it, whether it be a month or 5 years.

When should one get worried and redo the app or should you even bother if you have the receipt?

We are tracking it via the app but no surprise there is zero movement after it was laying stale on the DFO's desk for 3 months.

User

Default Re: Renewal question.

I'm also curious about the answer.

Her license is valid with the receipt.
    But she cant buy ammo with that, the shops cant accept an expired card.

I have heard the app and website just say "In progress" for renewals till they are issued. No other updates unlike new applications
    Can anyone confirm ?

User

As Mark says, completely valid with old card and payment receipt for renewal - I however do not want to try and test this at a roadblock and hope the person manning the roadblock knows this is the renewal process when he asks for my license.
    yes, the problem comes in when you want to try and buy ammunition as the shops wnt supply with an expired card, bit of a catch 22.

I have posted on some of the other threads, but I received my card last week from a S13 renewal I handed in 19 months ago. So, don't hold your breath.

Sorry Noost, but you are in for a wait...
    Throughout the process the system showed "In progress"
    I never did receive a call when my card arrived, but had to follow up with the station commander who then spoke to the DFO and miraculously they found the card.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Her license is valid with the receipt.
    But she cant buy ammo with that, the shops cant accept an expired card.

I have heard the app and website just say "In progress" for renewals till they are issued. No other updates unlike new applications
    Can anyone confirm ?
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockForce View Post
    As Mark says, completely valid with old card and payment receipt for renewal - I however do not want to try and test this at a roadblock and hope the person manning the roadblock knows this is the renewal process when he asks for my license.
    yes, the problem comes in when you want to try and buy ammunition as the shops wnt supply with an expired card, bit of a catch 22.

I have posted on some of the other threads, but I received my card last week from a S13 renewal I handed in 19 months ago. So, don't hold your breath.

Sorry Noost, but you are in for a wait...
    Throughout the process the system showed "In progress"
    I never did receive a call when my card arrived, but had to follow up with the station commander who then spoke to the DFO and miraculously they found the card.
    Thanks guys, not too phased about ammo as I can supply but her being stopped by a roadblock, etc. which will probably result in the confiscation of the FA by a constable and then the ball-ache of receiving it back.

BUT... she is still in a legal position of carrying it / using it for however long it takes which is cool but the issue is if A) the app is lost / B) laying stagnant somewhere. As the system is like you said not clearly displaying the information such as new apps of which you can resubmit if after a certain time, it does not do the same for renewals (?)

Sit and wait for 19 months or resubmit after 6/12/18 months?

User

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    Hi all,

As we all know CFR is on death's door and most of the processing of apps have grinded to a halt.

My wife did her renewal for her S13 in the 90 day period and has her receipt of renewal with her license that she keeps with her.

Is it then fair to say that little slip can keep her license valid whilst they process it, whether it be a month or 5 years.

When should one get worried and redo the app or should you even bother if you have the receipt?

We are tracking it via the app but no surprise there is zero movement after it was laying stale on the DFO's desk for 3 months.
    License renewals are approved at Provincial. I received this confirmation from a DFO this morning.

If I were you I would contact FLASH in Bellville South and hound them for answers. It's totally ridiculous!

All the best mate!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    License renewals are approved at Provincial. I received this confirmation from a DFO this morning.

If I were you I would contact FLASH in Bellville South and hound them for answers. It's totally ridiculous!

All the best mate!
    Thanks Wezza, now I am more worried...DFO told her it is going to PTA!

I will follow your advise and let you all know but it seems like she has "immunity" in perpetuum whilst she has the receipt.

Total insanity.

User

Renewal of firearm licences
    24. (1) The holder of a licence issued in terms of this Chapter who wishes to renew the
    licence must at least 90 days before the date of expiry of the licence apply to the
    Registrar for its renewal.
    (2) The application must be—
    (a) accompanied by such information as may be prescribed; and
    (b) delivered to the Designated Firearms Officer responsible for the area in which
    the applicant ordinarily resides or in which the applicant’s business is, as the
    case may be.
    (3) No application for the renewal of a licence may be granted unless the applicant
    shows that he or she has continued to comply with the requirements for the licence in
    terms of this Act.
    (4) If an application for the renewal of a licence has been lodged within the period
    provided for in subsection (1), the licence remains valid until the application is decided.

User

It would seems that Western Capes Renewal is in for a looong wait, as i have heard there is only one guy processing renewals at western cape provincial. Coupled with some stations not capturing renewals as there is still amnesty applications with them i don't think renewals is going to go fast. I have a friend who submitted his renewal last year October and two more in March and none of them have been captured as far as we can tell. No sms and do not show on the saps website. Last time he called his dfo the dfo just laughed and told him to be patient as it will take a long time.

User

My longest one was for a renewal submitted 27th June 2020. "Completed" on 30 March 2021. Obviously have not received the card yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast