Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SD Training Course

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Adrian Rosslee - PTA
    Mark Human - CPT but does travel and hold courses al over
    Arno Barlow - CPT

All good options
    I just did the Rusty Gunman course with Mark Human in PTA. It was really good and I will go on it again when he comes back up to Gauteng. It teaches a lot of really good, solid fundamentals and I will be sending my wife on it soon as well.

Who can you recommend in durban?

User

Quote Originally Posted by hansa7 View Post
    Who can you recommend in durban?
    Dean Nieuwoudt at Fundikhono.

User

I did another SD course this weekend at Guns@Work with Clint Oosthuizen. Great course with some new skills learnt as well as some challenges to the "conventional" wisdom out there. I find it really good to train with different trainers to get some different view points and techniques so you can find what works best for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    I did another SD course this weekend at Guns@Work with Clint Oosthuizen. Great course with some new skills learnt as well as some challenges to the "conventional" wisdom out there. I find it really good to train with different trainers to get some different view points and techniques so you can find what works best for you.
    I agree that you should train with different people and see what you can get from them.
    Just out of interest sake do you have some examples of challenges to the conventional wisdom that you mentioned?

User

Just curious, why no one has mentioned them? Or is this just a case of different training style / discipline, more aimed at Reaction / LEO units etc.

Bravo Tactical Africa | Facebook

Bravo Tactical Africa (@bravo_tactical_africa) • Instagram photos and videos

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    I agree that you should train with different people and see what you can get from them.
    Just out of interest sake do you have some examples of challenges to the conventional wisdom that you mentioned?
    Without giving too much away, one of the major things was that there was a big focus on doing everything you can to have your firearm in your hand when the fight starts rather than needing to draw from concealment (when possible) and there was a big focus on pre-violence indicators and then different methods of concealment that was really unconventional. It was good to experience some new ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone recommended for the west Rand area? Thanks.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    Without giving too much away,...
    What do you mean by this? Are said methods secret? Are you not allowed to talk about it? Did you have to sign a confidentiality agreement?

" big focus on doing everything you can to have your firearm in your hand when the fight starts rather than needing to draw from concealment"
    Explain this please.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    What do you mean by this? Are said methods secret? Are you not allowed to talk about it? Did you have to sign a confidentiality agreement?

" big focus on doing everything you can to have your firearm in your hand when the fight starts rather than needing to draw from concealment"
    Explain this please.
    Yes please, usually you wont know that you need your gun until you need your gun, you also cant draw your gun every time you think you are about to need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast