Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SD Training Course

I think there is a misconception about Arno’s training. What happened to Kreefstert is not the norm, it was an accident (if I recall correctly there was a issue with his glasses). I have done a couple of courses with Arno and yes it’s physical but not abusive at all. No worse than sparring at most gyms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

So I guess no one is going to mention that kallah idan idiot who actually shot one of his students….
    If I can make the time ill gladly train with Arno, as long as its a practical learning curve and I can benefit from it, maybe get a punch or 2 in as well

User

Some of you clearly still need to learn lesson 1. Leave your ego at the door

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    This is so true and the reason so many guys don't want to do this kind of training, they are worried their ego's will get bruised. Ego is a killer...

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

User

It seems as if some people think this training is seen as a chance by the trainer to use people as punching bags... It is not!

Some techniques are demonstrated and then you partner up and practice it. For the most part, you will spar with a partner/partners. Sometimes you'll have three or four guys attacking you, then you'll wear full protective gear. It's not a bullying session!

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

At some point, you’re going to have to learn how to take a punch to the head and maintain focus.

I really cannot see how that is possible without force-on-force training.

Boxers spar full-on for a reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Yip, I think you just answered a unasked question for me.
    I am used to being a contender, at least getting a "dam you good for a beginner/ first time / your age". I have never had to start at the beginning or be a absolute student, did all my diving levels in one week end, just needed the papers. When I tested for my oval track racing I got a 2nd and 3rd first night in the 1660 class, always one of the boys more than one of the newbies.

I think you may be SO RIGHT on that matter, I have not gone for training because I am afraid of being the "snot kop"

User

Yes, I took a hit to the face and the glasses cut me open. Accident

That being said. Myself and friends had some glorious brawls on Arnos courses especially the more advanced stuff like inside vehicles. You get what you dish out.

I have also done some grappled and and still box regularly with hard sparring. If you want to learn to fight you have to fight.

No amount of Youtube videos will teach you to fight. But go right ahead.

Glorious thing though, if you leave you ego in your rangebag. And go with the mindset to learn you will be challenged. If you persevere you will walk out the other side with some lessons learnt about yourself.

To see guys go through that process and embrace that bit of pain is glorious.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    Yes, I took a hit to the face and the glasses cut me open. Accident

That being said. Myself and friends had some glorious brawls on Arnos courses especially the more advanced stuff like inside vehicles. You get what you dish out.

I have also done some grappled and and still box regularly with hard sparring. If you want to learn to fight you have to fight.

No amount of Youtube videos will teach you to fight. But go right ahead.

Glorious thing though, if you leave you ego in your rangebag. And go with the mindset to learn you will be challenged. If you persevere you will walk out the other side with some lessons learnt about yourself.

To see guys go through that process and embrace that bit of pain is glorious.
    Absolutely agree.
    When the switch gets flipped and you realize that what you do and learn there may just save your life you will be ok.

My wife also did a few courses with Arno and it saved her life. She was forced off the road by 6 bravo males and when they approached her vehicle she decided she won’t go without a fight. She only had pepper spray and a knife but that coupled with the mindset that she will fight made them retreat and leave. She decided not to be a victim and gives all credit to Arno for that.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post
    This.....and I wont let an instructor punch me in the face either....

So here is the thing....who is the the "man" the one standing still to be hit...who calls himself tough guy (for allowing another guy to punch him around) or the guy who will give back what was handed out?....

Personally the latter....not gonna stand around getting beaten up...and pay for it too
    Where are you based Karoobow? I see some nice classes being offered at Magnum in Pretoria with Adrian.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast