Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

Most will be aware of what is said here but for new Glock owners or those wanting to "upgrade" their pistol or use aftermarket parts it could be a interesting watch.

User

Default Re: Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

AKA BigT here on the forum for those who are new

Default Re: Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

Let’s keep to the topic, gents.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

The Huis Genoot Dramas shrink! For those who do not know, Gerhard is a next level profiler and criminologist and has been involved in some very high profile cases. (I may be doing him an injustice by just mentioning those two fields!)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Let’s keep to the topic, gents.

Sorry.... Off topic again! Was just surprised that he is a gun enthusiast.

Banned

Just how good is the Glock, where does it fit in? Every one is Glock - Glock, this that Glock. My side kick James bought one now. When I asked why? "Dunno, they must be good everybody has one"
    Has Glock become the Hilux of RSA ? If a list could be made starting bad to good where would the Glock fit ? To me its way up there in the upper bracket, but in reality I know nothing of pistols.

The Honda Fireblade became Icon status because of its after market and mods ability and part availability, the Glock seems to have become the darling of the working mans affordable quality.
    I had a 9mm Glock for a day a while back (model ? was not interested, just used it, may have been told, forgot), 200 rounds and a range'
    I found it "just there", nothing special, nothing bad,nothing remarkable, just worked, I shot well with it, better than with my own Kahr, but I blame that on it on being full size and my Kahr a compact(). I was instantly taken by it just fits, like it was thought out rather well before being put together, but I could not find any "gee wizz this is awsome!" - it just worked. I spoke to the guy at Falcon about this perception and he spoke devotedly about his love affair and recoil springs, extended things and trigger mods, passionate he was indeed. I said I found it nothing special, felt like a well made gun that I could not fault(really true that- there was nothing wrong at all in any amateur judgement way), said I liked it, I did, really did, but could not say why,(important this part, why did I like the Glock, I do not know what it was) other than - "it just worked, it was just? - right?"

The Hilux of Pistols in RSA?
    Is it?
    What was it that made the Glock market grab so successful?
    What is it that makes the Glock capture shooters attention?
    What features make it better than average, perhaps more accurately better than above average?

I have asked this before, but my fire circle is much more long gun orientated and the answers were vague, now recently I got from Cody "why don't you buy a Glock Dad?"
    Yea why don't I ? The Star is old, was old when I got it, been thinking about a non compact weapon.

Hope post is enough on track.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Just how good is the Glock, where does it fit in? Every one is Glock - Glock, this that Glock. My side kick James bought one now. When I asked why? "Dunno, they must be good everybody has one"
    Has Glock become the Hilux of RSA ? If a list could be made starting bad to good where would the Glock fit ? To me its way up there in the upper bracket, but in reality I know nothing of pistols.

The Honda Fireblade became Icon status because of its after market and mods ability and part availability, the Glock seems to have become the darling of the working mans affordable quality.
    I had a 9mm Glock for a day a while back (model ? was not interested, just used it, may have been told, forgot), 200 rounds and a range'
    I found it "just there", nothing special, nothing bad,nothing remarkable, just worked, I shot well with it, better than with my own Kahr, but I blame that on it on being full size and my Kahr a compact(). I was instantly taken by it just fits, like it was thought out rather well before being put together, but I could not find any "gee wizz this is awsome!" - it just worked. I spoke to the guy at Falcon about this perception and he spoke devotedly about his love affair and recoil springs, extended things and trigger mods, passionate he was indeed. I said I found it nothing special, felt like a well made gun that I could not fault(really true that- there was nothing wrong at all in any amateur judgement way), said I liked it, I did, really did, but could not say why,(important this part, why did I like the Glock, I do not know what it was) other than - "it just worked, it was just? - right?"

The Hilux of Pistols in RSA?
    Is it?
    What was it that made the Glock market grab so successful?
    What is it that makes the Glock capture shooters attention?
    What features make it better than average, perhaps more accurately better than above average?

I have asked this before, but my fire circle is much more long gun orientated and the answers were vague, now recently I got from Cody "why don't you buy a Glock Dad?"
    Yea why don't I ? The Star is old, was old when I got it, been thinking about a non compact weapon.

Hope post is enough on track.
    Firstly, you need to service a new Hilux every 10000 KM to keep em going, and they cost more than Id like to care to accurately mention, so the Hilux we all know and love is dying, I drove on the N6 in my Merc GLE350D on my way back in December and there was an Amarok who didnt fall behind for one second, a V6 3L Amarok, going from 130-170 km/hour with me like no ones business, IMO thats a better bakkie for the price.

Back on Glock, they shoot lekker, lekker enough to enjoy in comps and simple enough to teach anyone how to use it.
    My CZ Shadow rocks my socks off and I have finger banged an STI or 2 and damn, you cant compare them to a Glock, as a sporting gun, but what Glock does is it survives a bike accident, it goes bang when it needs to, doesnt need cleaning much, very simple and tough as fuck work horse!

People win competitions with Glock, so the accuracy is there and depends on the user.

I carry a glock every day and will for as far as I can imagine.

Need a spring, go look at the little gun shop next to Spar, they can have it for you in a day or 2.

I had a factory fault on a Glock, had to be returned to the factory in Austria at no charge for a replacement frame, Covid said no no, Bernhard Agencies said “hey, heres a new one”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Well from a newbies perspective.... As has been repeated thousands of times, here in SA it is actually a no brainer to buy a Glock..... or a CZ.

All waters down to reliability and support. Glock support unmatched in SA by any other brand and CZ support being second. Just sticking to the mentioned facts it is actually a no brainer, not even mentioning mods. But people being people, a lot of other unimportant factors also seems to play a role:

The pissing contest is always interesting though, to me at least, being new to all this. Not being a particular fanboy and soon to be having both CZ and Glock comparable striker fired pistols in my possession, people's immediate attack or defense of their chosen brand is always interesting. (This is very much the same type of arguments as mentioned by Treeman of peoples defense or punting of their own chosen bakkie)

One friend, carrying a Glock, is constantly berated by friends and family (all being CZ fanboys) one even going as far as advising him that 147gr Ranger T's would "rip his glocky apart". But then again most of the time it is the other way around. (Again, from my perspective) Glock fans punting their own as the alfa and omega and that buying anything else is akin to being retarded.

All the while in the real world people have all kinds of firearms and very many of them happy with what they have. I have a very good friend who EDC's a Taurus. This while he has a G19 in his safe. He just straight up prefers the Taurus and it is his "working gun". Being a farmer he actually does use it on vermin readily. (Thankfully never had to use it on two legged vermin yet) Never failed him. Good luck telling him his Taurus is kak...

But I do understand, from instructors and those with experience, self defense firearms are life saving equipment. You should get the most reliable setup in order to have the best chance that it would go bang if you pull the trigger when most needed. And train a much as possible. As simple as that...

Haha didn't think this would turn into another Glock vs thread, just thought it an interesting interview for newbies.

I am a Glock fanboy because that is what I own, but if I had to do it all over and had tried both a G19 and a P-10 C who knows, but I do like the fact that Glock sorts out faulty guns in South Africa no questions asked and there are a ton of aftermarket parts and so on for Glock in SA. And that is a good thing as my G19 needs some serious fixing as it is shooting left quite bad. Just waiting for my G17 licence and then will send it off. Guess I'm one of the few unlucky ones who got a lemon.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Haha didn't think this would turn into another Glock vs thread, just thought it an interesting interview for newbies.

I am a Glock fanboy because that is what I own, but if I had to do it all over and had tried both a G19 and a P-10 C who knows, but I do like the fact that Glock sorts out faulty guns in South Africa no questions asked and there are a ton of aftermarket parts and so on for Glock in SA. And that is a good thing as my G19 needs some serious fixing as it is shooting left quite bad. Just waiting for my G17 licence and then will send it off. Guess I'm one of the few unlucky ones who got a lemon.
    Hmmm, are you one of the very few who could break a G17. You must have super powers. LoL
    A friend of mine's 17 went boom with factory ammo on the saturday, I spent a short time on the phone on Monday and Tuesday it was taken to Jhb and the owner waited there while it was repaired.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast