Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

Good video, good points made and bigT gave good insights.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

I hear what the view is on an extended slide release. For my hand size, extended ones made a huge difference with speed and accuracy of the shot following a mag change as I don't have to move the gun in my hand to depress the slide release as was the case with the standard sized ones. I see Terry has huge hands and probably has seen people riding up on the slide release and engage it while shooting, but with with my sized paws on a G19 it has never happened. Even under stress. But I will have a rethink and study on it to be sure. (So maybe just now I found the reason why I must have a G48 as well....)

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Treeman, my answer to your question would be: I carry Glocks because they always work without working on them.

It is like a Dangerous Game rifle. It should fit the shooter. It should be super reliable. It doesn't have to be sub MOA accurate. It doesn't need to be a show piece rifle. It should be easy to carry and point and get into action. It should not be complicated to get into action. If it needs parts or service it must be obtainable where you are and fast to get the job done.

I would not argue that a CZ or Sig or HK or whatever cannot do that just as well. For me, a Glock just conceal and come out of concealment and into action easier than any of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Treeman, my answer to your question would be: I carry Glocks because they always work without working on them.

It is like a Dangerous Game rifle. It should fit the shooter. It should be super reliable. It doesn't have to be sub MOA accurate. It doesn't need to be a show piece rifle. It should be easy to carry and point and get into action. It should not be complicated to get into action. If it needs parts or service it must be obtainable where you are and fast to get the job done.

I would not argue that a CZ or Sig or HK or whatever cannot do that just as well. For me, a Glock just conceal and come out of concealment and into action easier than any of the rest.
    Exactly and you can be your own gunsmith if you need to replace something. Glocks are super simple to work on, when I first had to look inside I was scared I would put something in the wrong place or screw something up. But it is very straightforward and easy to work on. And most importantly they work, reliable. I also really like the way the safety works, no manual switch, just pull point and shoot, no complications.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Hmmm, are you one of the very few who could break a G17. You must have super powers. LoL
    A friend of mine's 17 went boom with factory ammo on the saturday, I spent a short time on the phone on Monday and Tuesday it was taken to Jhb and the owner waited there while it was repaired.
    You mean the G19? That is what is shooting left, took it to City Guns and they confirmed it. It is a very early model G19 Gen 4 though, and I believe there were issues with those, I hope it's minor but I have a feeling it isn't.
    My G17 Gen 5 I haven't even handled yet, bought it from Wildman Centurion and I'm in Cape Town, just waiting for the card to be printed like so many others.

User

With hunting rifles we always make fun about choices, while most of them are well capable do to the job required. With personal protection the only important thing is that a gun go bang when you pull the trigger, and keep going bang as long as there are rounds left. So I have no problem with handgun owners also taken a stab at each other’s choices, as long as every individual have a gun that works properly.
    I also carry a G19 and it’s not a work of art, nor is it perfect I suppose (that Glock perfection thing), but it certainly does what it is designed to do.

If firearm owners agree on that vital part, meaning having reliable and functional equipment, then all is fair after that I guess.
    It’s hard not to look at the video and get the impression that the overall message is DON’T mod.
    And it’s hard for me not to agree with that view, aka carry gun must go bang, leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    With hunting rifles we always make fun about choices, while most of them are well capable do to the job required. With personal protection the only important thing is that a gun go bang when you pull the trigger, and keep going bang as long as there are rounds left. So I have no problem with handgun owners also taken a stab at each other’s choices, as long as every individual have a gun that works properly.
    I also carry a G19 and it’s not a work of art, nor is it perfect I suppose (that Glock perfection thing), but it certainly does what it is designed to do.

If firearm owners agree on that vital part, meaning having reliable and functional equipment, then all is fair after that I guess.
    It’s hard not to look at the video and get the impression that the overall message is DON’T mod.
    And it’s hard for me not to agree with that view, aka carry gun must go bang, leave it alone.
    What's your opinion on swapping out an early G19 Gen 4 trigger for a Gen 3 trigger. In fact has anyone who has done this, or know of anyone, had any reliability issues at all?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    What's your opinion on swapping out an early G19 Gen 4 trigger for a Gen 3 trigger. In fact has anyone who has done this, or know of anyone, had any reliability issues at all?
    Not nearly qualified enough to answer that question, hopefully someone else will answer your question.

User

It does remove one of the walls you get. All my gen4s had gen 3 triggers in them and had no issues relating to that.

User

Default Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

I did this to my 19 Geb 4, I went to Bernhard Agencies and they fitted everything, R650 Total back then, I also got the Gen3 Trigger

No issues at all

Sent from my State House in Pyongyang

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast