Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

Sweet, think I will do that then and add a minus connector as well, it's quite a heavy trigger so will work out just right I think.

User

Default Re: Interview With Terrick Naude Of Bernhard Agencies (Glock) On Mods For Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    You mean the G19? That is what is shooting left, took it to City Guns and they confirmed it. It is a very early model G19 Gen 4 though, and I believe there were issues with those, I hope it's minor but I have a feeling it isn't.
    My G17 Gen 5 I haven't even handled yet, bought it from Wildman Centurion and I'm in Cape Town, just waiting for the card to be printed like so many others.
    Is it an issue with the barrel or the frame? Are the sights not just a bit of? How consistent are the groups.

Just curious as to what the issue is. I had a loose rear sight on my cz and thought I was losing the plot with my groups. Eventually figured out the rear sight was moving with recoil. A drop of locktite has since fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Is it an issue with the barrel or the frame? Are the sights not just a bit of? How consistent are the groups.

Just curious as to what the issue is. I had a loose rear sight on my cz and thought I was losing the plot with my groups. Eventually figured out the rear sight was moving with recoil. A drop of locktite has since fixed it.
    I was losing hope and thought I was just using terrible technique. After many rounds, YouTube videos and frustration later i took it to City Guns. After much investigation and shifting the rear sight all the way to the right of the slide (it will come off the slide if moved any more) we decided to send it to the experts. I hope Bernhard Agencies can sort it out otherwise it's off to Austria and a long wait.

User

Weird, hopefully it's something small/ stupid and the guys at BA get you sorted quick.
    Either way, they have a good reputation for looking after their brands.

Banned

I see, just as my opinion was, no huge Glock praises, no its the best of the best magical gun, everyone seems to be same level tone, it works, it has back up, its nice enough.
    I scratched around and found that it was a G19 I used, and my wife passed her competency using it. The only other weapon that impressed me was a PO something - Pre 64 owns one.
    Was interesting getting this feed back -Thanks guys.

User

I told a lady at the clothing part at Agri that I need clothes that are already ugly else I'll be to scared to wear them. I guess that is a Glock. I see it as practical.
    Same for modern boere with modern bakkies, "hy ry soos 'n kar!", bakkies are not the type you want to bugger up at work. Only in front of your friends in the dunes.
    BUT JA, soon as that fanboy BS starts I have to remind myself that the gun did nothing wrong.

Hard to argue with given the support from Bernhard Agencies. However I have an issue with the mag release being designed for old ladies with arthritic hands. I am forever checking that my mags are fully engaged.

Banned

I finally got to watch start to end. Wow, certainly allows me to skip hop over a few would have had to learn hard way lessons. Deep well of "know" indeed. I think I learnt more pistol stuff and terms in 40 mins than till now.
    Extended mag release "ooo yes must have that" , Oh maybe not" same with a few other things I would have had to learn after paying for.
    Good vid.
    I am actually really thinking of buying a full size pistol now, never owned one before.

The point in the video about a plain rear sight is entirely valid. More so with tritium. The front sight alone can be almost too bright in the early hours.

Banned

Got this private message from a member, said I would not post name.Well summed up I think.

Hi Dave

A Glock is a good practical tool like a hammer, it does what you bought it for. Ugly, black, figure like an outdoor kleinhuisie, recycled condoms frame, not sexy like a 1911 or CZ Shadow or the likes but relatively cheap with easily obtainable parts and boringly reliable. You will never outlast a Glock unless you are rich enough to shoot all day, every day and 50 years to do it by.

I have a Gen 2 40 Small & Weak, Gen 3 21 45ACP and a Gen 4/5 model 43 in 9mmP. Use it for competitions and self defense and carrying them according to seasons and dress code I have on the day. Will I buy another Glock extra, any time if it was not for SAPS and Government clowns. Like one in 10mm Glock 20. Vicious bitch ammo price works out scary but oh dear a 357++ magnum in 40 caliber.

Regards to you and Cody and sympathy with your wife. Hope she's a gun fan too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast