Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default 20.27 - bored - remedy - go pick a fight with a pig, a wild one.

just decided Cody and I are going to take a a short long drive and see if we can create some prospective meals - future braai packs.
    Lets see how it goes, will be Cody's first time getting proper cold.

User

Default Re: 20.27 - bored - remedy - go pick a fight with a pig, a wild one.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    just decided Cody and I are going to take a a short long drive and see if we can create some prospective meals - future braai packs.
    Lets see how it goes, will be Cody's first time getting proper cold.
    Good hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

IMG-20210523-WA0009 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

It is a big pig, really a big one.

IMG-20210523-WA0001 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

Tusks are worn away properl, not much tusk for trophy value.

20210522_223011 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

His first running shot, something he asked about 22.35 times while driving to farm. Where to shoot at what kind of run.

20210522_222523 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

Said it was so close he decided it did not matter, behind the shoulders will work. On but not in front of middle is my directive.

20210522_223030 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

Big pig, no posing sitting far back, just a big pig - very, over 70kg , perhaps on the 80 kg mark gutted. A 16 year old and a 13 year old could not load it onto bakkie. I am guessing 90 KG live weight.

Banned

He shot so well this time, all the questions were done before we went, all the "if's" worded and buried. The pig was seen and the rifle cocked, I said " Safe to shoot?" and "checked dad " came back with the report. The pig was hit picture book illustration perfect behind near side shoulder, just touching the roast leg crease. The exit was absolutely on the ball joint of the far side.
    The hit threw up dust and the pig leap forward and up, landing and then ploughing head first into ground and cartwheeling 4/5 ft into the air and landing on all fours, really almost a "act" or "show". Landed found its feet, went down got up and i called "again" and the farm boy called "its down Uncle Dave"

I must say I felt a bit emotional when at the pig, he did it, the thing we spoke about for last 6/7 years, your first pig. He hit it so perfectly as told - he did so on a running animal and a much discussed running scenario. He did what he feared and what lead to me shooting last few, " uh uh Dad to far, its moving"

We spoke in his repeat,repeat, repeat way about this, same question posed 30 different ways, same answer with more irritation after 10 th time.
    He listened, he believed - he did it.

Tired now - very, 20H27 to 03H06................................was nice.

User

Great pig!
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Good shot, Cody

Well done to Cody. That’s a really nice big pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Cody feeling great - big thumbs up from me.

Mooi

That's a big head on that pig!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast