Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: 20.27 - bored - remedy - go pick a fight with a pig, a wild one.

Congrats Cody!! Awesome pig and great shot!

Banned

Cody tells me the pig was not running it had stopped, " it was not a running shot Dad, it stopped for one step and I shot it then".
    As W/Hog an b/Pig do when they dart stop and change direction, that almost just put all 4 feet on the ground for a moment, just that hiccup in the stride. So I tried to explain how and why you follow it in the scope. Got told "I know that Dad, thats why when it stopped I could already shoot"

It is amazing the input absorption I am witnessing at this time of his life.

User

He has the makings of a good hunter.... the ability to read the movements and predict the behavior of the game, and know how to make the best of the limited opportunities that the game presents. Well done Dad for being there for him, and giving Cody the opportunities to create awesome memories.

User

Wow -- well done to the young man. That's an excellent BP!

Banned

He will be guiding a 17 year old this week end for Kudu, we discussing it every day.

User

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer him spending more time in the mall or playing video games?

User

Congratulations! You have reason to be proud. Without exception, the people I know that learned to fetch their own food under the guidance of an elder have a better quality of character than all of the mall rats put together. Your boy is learning lessons that are getting rare fast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Are you sure you wouldn't prefer him spending more time in the mall or playing video games?
    Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Congratulations! You have reason to be proud. Without exception, the people I know that learned to fetch their own food under the guidance of an elder have a better quality of character than all of the mall rats put together. Your boy is learning lessons that are getting rare fast.
    Yaaaa Boet, I think of that often.
    One of my most precious memories.
    Daaad by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Yaaaa Boet, I think of that often.
    One of my most precious memories.
    Daaad by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
    Treeman, good enough reason to be alive! Kick the bottle away and make memories with your boy.
    If you fast for long periods be sure to buy you a finger prick glucose machine and check your blood sugar levels- hypoglycaemia is a sudden cause of coma and death.

I wish you good health and please continue to write your interesting posts.
    Francois

Banned

Thank you Finkelstein, what nice words for anyone to hear from anyone.

I am monitoring myself reasonably closely, and I am beyond confident that I am not pushing any limits. As I mentioned I am eating one normal meal a day, as do many peoples, I had to go a bit extreme so that back to less extreme is a walk in park. I have normal week ends like I used to 10 years ago, but the week days are very controlled. I am more doing this preventative in regard to further decline in life style control, I am not on a diet yet and I am not sure if I will, but I do intend week 5 onward to have some form of plan in regard to eating, even if its just zero carbs or some form of keto thing, just one step further into this thing. (As per Grobbies),
    I have taken every post into consideration and even researched some posts theories and warnings.
    I found.
    I needed more water - much more.
    I am not starving, one full meal is plenty food, especially for someone over weight.
    AR Gunner did not like my approach, but for me, now, this is working as a start to a better way of being.
    I eat fruit a hour before main meal, and have yogurt over grapes and banana for enjoyment.
    Zero alcohol in the week even at a event or get together.
    6 weeks to go

I am feeling good, so good, so really good, I am buzzing. I would say the differance is far more defined, profound than when I stopped smoking.

Me, Dave - Treeman, I think the every night buffet was really a bad idea, we not supposed to party every night.

Observation: Week one was super easy. Week two was no problem, got hungry sometimes.Week 3 I sometimes needed some determination not to just have a snack, just a small one especially Thursday, Friday - tired of not doing as I please.
    Week four I ate supper at 18h30 and it is 22h00 now and I really could sit down to a full meal again, yesterday as well, I thought of eating many times.
    Last week no drinking flew by, this week right now a nice cold Windhoek with a double Jamison on 3 blocks of ice and some 6 month old Cheddar with peanuts and a sharp knife sounds so much like the perfect end to the day.

Guess I will go to bed and dream about sleeping under a tree with a 500 gr kudu braai digesting, listening to 3 teens making 72 hrs worth of plans for a 48 hr trip. None of those plans include stopping for a moment, so far I hear we sleeping on the hill top at the old cement dam, in the open, 1 km from the coast (nice minus 5000 deg onshore breeze). We going kudu hunting at 5 till dark and then after a braai we going bushpig hunting. We will then wake up at 5 ( 2 hrs sleep last time)and try get a second kudu for second youngster. If we get kudu we can go look for Warthog till dark and then go bush pig hunting. Yes Dad we can drive home Sunday morning, I will drive to the tar road, you can sleep - meaning that by the time I have finished loading the last item he will be sleeping across back seat.
    Fun and games boet, I am alive - fkit its sooo good to know that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3