User

Default Tree Stand Pegs & Old Bow

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get the pegs that screw into wood for footsteps to get up into a tree stand.

Also; I have a Hoyt Alphamax that is 11 years old that I’m keen to crack out for this season. It hasn’t been fired for around 6 years. Shall I just sight it and go, or is it suggested that I have a new string fitted and/or tuned?

Lastly, where in JHB can I get a broad head butt? It seems they’re quite scarce.

User

Default Re: Tree Stand Pegs & Old Bow

I would replace the string and cables if its that old. You realy don't want it to snap when shooting. I also need to have my bow's string replace next year when budget allows it. Just not sure who in Cape Town can do it.

User

My standby "fishing/let a friend shoot my old bow with no worries" is nearly 20 years old with original string and still going strong. Just remember to wax the string about every 2 years

User

I was fascinated how much the stretch of the factory string affected poundage and tuning after two years. For both tuning and butts, it may be worth your while taking a drive to Adix tactical in four ways or archers edge in Pretoria. Both will evaluate the string etc .