Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    User

Default Re: Fasting - Going back 30 years or so.

Very good lecture on fasting.

User

The trailer

The Movie

User

Probably the best intermitted fasting explanation video on Youtube

Banned

Will watch later -thank you.

User

I only watched the trailer, interesting. I can say a bit about myself though, bearing in mind I am reckless by nature, I've had a primer go off in my hand (I was expecting it may so had glasses on).
    I've also been hit twice by my own ricochets, 1 9mm p and 1 .22lr

That aside, I also don't have a weight problem, rather the opposite, need to put on more. Never dieted in my life, eat loads of red meat, Beef, mutton/lamb, venison then pork and chicken as well.
    Chuck in carbs and vegetables as well, and fat, a fair amount of it.

Why, well my mom grew up in a large low income family, their treats were duck fat from the neighbours, good for roast potatoes etc.

So with that in mind, say I need to make some boerewors, I need fat, so forage around for a few kilo's, beef is the easiest to get, but sometimes it's been stored too long and goes rancid.
    So I'll get home, say ' mom, just fry a little of this, see if it smells ok'. Next thing there's 4 odd kilo's of fat rendered down, so she can make nice roasts. All well except I have no fat for boerewors.

So basically everything that's roasted or fried is cooked in animal fat, sometimes canola oil mixed in, or if we run out just canola.
    I do eat margarine, that may change soon as butter is almost the same price.
    What I very very seldom eat is fast food, try to avoid it like the plague.

So medically, I should be a basket case, clogged arteries, high BP, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, overweight.

Just so happens I had that lot checked out a few days ago, low BP, low blood sugar, low cholesterol, low BMI (not happy with that, working on it).

So that's my food story, I doubt it is going to work for everybody, our metabolisms differ, however it may indicate that fat is not the killer it's made out to be.

Sugar now, that's a whole different ball game.

User

I also don't buy the 'fat and meat as the great satan' thing either. The generations of my family before me were very nearly free of exposure to processed foods but they ate plenty of animal fat, meat and so forth. There wasn't a fat arse amongst them and most lived to ripe old ages. From my very limited experience I'm pretty sure that diets featuring processed foods high in carbs and sugars are actually the curse.

User

Scary as hell when a doctor says he was educated wrong.

The fat thing, it’s one of the main reasons why when anybody starts a sentence with “the science says” I say take your science and shove it up your sponsored retard ass.

Banned

some interesting things to consider in your suggested viewing noost

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13