Default Renewal app not captured. Expired Licence

Just a word of warning. With the pile of amnesty apps it is likely that apps both new and renewals are falling through the cracks. I have just received an sms stating that a licence has expired. Coincidentally I asked the DFO today about new apps that did not seem to have been captured. (no sms). With past renewals I had not received sms's and hence was not concerned about this one.

User

Default Re: Renewal app not captured. Expired Licence

It’s really getting silly now, I have an app sitting on a desk that hasn’t been loaded/processed in over two months. Probably going to go missing at some stage. Waiting another month just to get an appointment for over a month as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

I am sitting in the exact same boat. Handed in 2 renewals back in Oct 2020 for handgun and riffle. Both would have expired end Feb 2021. Got a SMS for the handgun and was since approved and card collected. The Rifle fell through the cracks and was never captured. A month ago I was at the DFO and was assured it will get done, eventually. Using the Where's my App? mobile app to check it has still not been captures. I should probably grace them with another visit, but just don't have the time in the week.

User

Same here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

I think SAGA is collecting data on this sort of thing. Maybe just get in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I think SAGA is collecting data on this sort of thing. Maybe just get in touch with them.
    Got to wonder how often it is happening.

User

My wife did various re-applications last year. Between then and now most of those licenses have "expired"

Except they didn't really "expire". They remain valid for as long as it takes for the new one to be issued. That is why we keep copies of the receipts and the SAPS 86 printout.

My father has a Berretta that had an expired licence for almost three years. It is now licenced again. (quite the bargain actually, 8 years between applications for a Sect 13 works out cheaper than every 5 years...)

And I have a licenced Shotgun that was "not licenced" for three or 4 months two years ago...

The problem is that the receipt does not show which licence it applies to. Not an issue if you only have one gun due at the time but more so when you have a bunch on the same application. Not a situation I am comfortable with.

User

The SAPS 86 Register has all the info.

When applying I write the details of the gun at the bottom of the SAPS 86 printout(s).