User

Default Who says people don't like books anymore? Forgotten Weapons raised a million dollars

https://youtu.be/qA1qGNd_OhU

Ok so they're pledges, but still Ian raised a million USD to publish a book on obscure Chinese pistols. Crazy and well done!

P.s. he's a super nice guy

User

Default Re: Who says people don't like books anymore? Forgotten Weapons raised a million dollars

Yip, he has a great channel.
    Very informative.

User

Default Re: Who says people don't like books anymore? Forgotten Weapons raised a million dollars

His lifetime body of work is staggering and given the subject of it and the generally anti-gun sentiment prevailing, his achievements are inspiring.

User

And apparently mostly 32 acp pistols with that :) ! Anyways he deserves it, I don't know where he finds the time; but we'll get some dividends for sure.

User

He did some awesome stuff on SA weapons. Even a .22 rim fire conversion for the R5 that I never knew existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    He did some awesome stuff on SA weapons. Even a .22 rim fire conversion for the R5 that I never knew existed.
    His SA stuff is particularly impressive to me. We are after all a bit of a backwater when it comes to the global arms stage. I don't remember a single significant factual blapsie in any video of his on the subject of SA firearms and most of them were produced before the "FIREARMS: DEVELOPED AND MANUFACTURED IN SOUTHERN AFRICA 1949 - 2000" book was published so digging the info out woould have been extra specially challenging

That's Fantastic! Really enjoy his videos and as mentioned the SA Guns...more specifically the LM4/5/6 was a blast to watch... Covers everything in detail. Even told us the rubber thing on the firing pin was called an "effie" now that is some detailed research right there.

None the less really happy for him!