Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Section 16 DH/DSS

If you have a SD gun, you can join a club which is affiliated to Sapsa, join Sapsa and then do a couple of club shoots and maybe a league or 2 competing with your hg. As soon as you have the required 6 points you can apply for dss status. If you do it this way you will meet fellow shooters and you might be able to try their equipment and find out what works for you and thereby save yourself a lot of trail and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    If you have a SD gun, you can join a club which is affiliated to Sapsa, join Sapsa and then do a couple of club shoots and maybe a league or 2 competing with your hg. As soon as you have the required 6 points you can apply for dss status. If you do it this way you will meet fellow shooters and you might be able to try their equipment and find out what works for you and thereby save yourself a lot of trail and error.
    Got nothing with a sight to my name, not even a kettie lol. Thanks for the advice though

User

Default Re: Section 16 DH/DSS

Quote Originally Posted by gertvanjoe View Post
    Got nothing with a sight to my name, not even a kettie lol. Thanks for the advice though
    Why not get a self defence fire arm first? I feel personally feel that this is the most important firearm in my possession. When you have it, you can become more proficient with it while enjoying it as a sport gun and at the same time you can attain your required points to get dss status. I don't know how thick your wallet is but it normally goes like buy gun, a mag or 2 extra, buy a couple of wrong shitty holsters before you get your gun, buy cheaper range ammo, keep the cases, start reloading and so it continues. But it is best fun ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Why not get a self defence fire arm first? I feel personally feel that this is the most important firearm in my possession. When you have it, you can become more proficient with it while enjoying it as a sport gun and at the same time you can attain your required points to get dss status. I don't know how thick your wallet is but it normally goes like buy gun, a mag or 2 extra, buy a couple of wrong shitty holsters before you get your gun, buy cheaper range ammo, keep the cases, start reloading and so it continues. But it is best fun ever.
    It's true what you say, but I'd rather have to deal with the whole process 5 times and then die than 10 times if I make it till 90

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2