Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default CFR Application Payment Issue

Hi Guys,

So I applied for a firearm in May 2020 and It still hasn't been finalised.
    Apparently they put the electronic payment reference in wrong and now over a year later the application is back with the DFO who is most likely still waiting for finance to fix the error which they have been doing since Feb.

Am I the only person with this problem?

User

Default Re: CFR Application Payment Issue

Our DFO you pay cash in they use the receipt number, so no.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tris View Post
    Hi Guys,

Apparently they put the electronic payment reference in wrong and now over a year later the application is back with the DFO who is most likely still waiting for finance to fix the error which they have been doing since Feb.

Same here...paid cash....I would NEVER EFT...,pay cash, get cash receipt and walk out.

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

User

Hi Guys,

I'm sitting in the same boat, applied in May 2020, been stuck since December with the finance issue.

No amount of phone calls and emails seems to be helping

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

I did pay cash..Apparently there is a new system where the DFO is supposed to make sure the finance dept pays the CFR...

User

I starting to go the legal route..not sure what else I can do anymore.You can call and email..it doesn't seem to make a difference.

User

I starting to go the legal route..not sure what else I can do anymore.You can call and email..it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Seems that it may well be your final and only option left

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

User

Same issue - still unresolved - Application handed in last June. GOSA Law trying to assist but not really made any difference whatsoever.

My DFO ticks on A4 page what service. Renewal or New App. Then you walk to Payment office and pay. They give receipt. You walk back give him Receipt. You keep copy. When he gets Reference on receipt he starts process.

User

Hi Guys,

Same boat. Applied early July 2020, renewal.
    Something about changes to the system on how payments are captured and people weren't trained correctly so they were captured wrong. There are whole lot of applications that are in the same situation, all from around that time frame (June/July 2020). My station alone has around 20 applications, can you imagine country wide?

I ordinarily wouldn't give a flying as my license remains valid until a decision is made, but in my case I need to sell my gun and am unable to do so (from what I've been told).
    I've offered to pay the R70 fee again but have been told it will be deemed a new application then and of course it is now well after the expiry of my current license and therefore would be regarded as a late renewal. It's an absolute sh1tshow.
    Disappointing GOSA can't help, I was going to throw some money their way, but no point. I'll land up handing my gun in if it's not resolved before I leave the country.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast